Airbnb bookings not updating in the calendar of the app

Rachel1781
Level 1
Trull, United Kingdom

Airbnb bookings not updating in the calendar of the app

Ive been hosting for the last few years and deal with most bookings, updating calendar and pricing through my app. Which I have loved to date as I can do everything swiftly and respond to my guests questions and bookings etc.

HOWEVER a fortnight ago (and still now) I have major issues with the app. I had a private booking, which I blocked the dates out in the app as I always have done historically. A few days later I got a booking for those exact dates through airbnb! When I checked my desktop it appears that the dates I have blocked in my calendar in the app have not updated in the airbnb desktop version!! Very inconvenient for both myself and my guest. I have raised with airbnb and they told me to delete my cookies and reload the app. Neither of which has worked and I think its a deeper issue within the app.

Fast forward to this week and I have received another booking. Which is now showing in my inbox on the app - where it also allowed me to approve the booking, as I always have before. Yet when I go to my calendar the booking isn't in it and Ive had to manually add it!!

I am so frustrated as I use the app 99% of the time but I am so paranoid that something isn't going to update that I am having to log onto my desktop every day just to check that nothing else has gone awry.

Can anyone PLEASE HELP!

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rachel1781 The only advice I can give is to delete and re-load the app. It is akin to the idiots way to mend something by switching it off and on again which works in a remarkably high number of cases.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Rachel1781 

I am sorry to hear you being frustrated with Airbnb calendar updating system.

I do have similar problem like you, I’ve been trying many different ways to resolve the issue.

1. Do log out from Airbnb 
  2. Clear the cookie, data and cache, link as below-                                                                                                                                                          iPhone https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201265

Android https://www.technobezz.com/what-is-cached-    data-clear-app/

You can also try the better results version of,
           Airbnb app site https://www.airbnb.com/mobile

3. Log in again with your Airbnb registration phone number and get the new verification code 6 digits from the app.

4. Log in to Airbnb website with email and Facebook acc to see the different of between of Airbnb website and Airbnb App

Do noted that,  once you clear your cache you will find your pages will be slow to load, yet this is temporary as the app/ phone has to build up a 'memory' again.

Since that issues happened to me frequently, I do keep my phone with Airbnb app and iPad with Airbnb app, also I log in to Airbnb website often by email or Facebook acc, to assume my calendar up to date and avoid of double booking in my calendar.

Airbnb calendar doesn’t up to date with many reason cause by data crashes and app crashes,

reason could be low memory or a weak chipset. Apps can also crash if they are not coded properly.

Apps can sometimes crash when the storage space is not adequate. You will have to clear up your storage space by deleting unwanted apps and files. Go to Settings -> Apps to uninstall unwanted apps and games.

I hope you can resolve the issues.