Airbnb plus

Answered!
Laura2436
Level 2
Constantine, United Kingdom

Airbnb plus

I have been hosting for two years and in January 2019 received a request from Airbnb asking me to join Airbnb plus .

I agreed as  it is stated that this scheme is likely to increase bookings and therefore income .

sadly this has not been the case .my bookings are down on last year . Not sure if it's Brexit or 

the new listing !

Anyone experienced similar after joining Plus scheme .

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura2436   It's too bad you didn't come to this forum to ask this before joining Plus. If you had, you would have found that it is/was a disaster for most hosts (at least the ones who posted here)- not only did their booking go down, they became non-existent. The program is a flop, which is evident by the the fact that they used to charge for Plus, now they don't. Many Plus hosts have opted out. 

So no, I don't think it has anything to do with Brexit. I think it has to do with guests simply skipping over all those slick Plus listings, assuming the price will be too rich for their blood.

Type "Plus" and other keywords into the search bar on these forums,and you will find multiple threads on this with other hosts' experiences.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Inge12
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

I’m not sure I posted my comment correctly as I’ve never been on this part of the site before, so excuse any duplication. I’m so disheartened by the way I’ve been treated by the Airbnb Plus team. 

I’ve had such a terrible experience with them, and the way the program is structured there is no way to reach out to them directly, to get updates or get a single case manager to work with you. Instead I’ve been jerked around for months with little to no recourse outside of little windows for comment where you are restricted to 100-200 characters and can only use the comment section once before you are cut off.

As a Super Host for the last 18 quarters in a row, I thought I would be treated with more respect. Instead they have asked me to fix things that were already tested by their inspector as being great (wifi for example) have asked me to purchase many items Including a rug as they didn’t like the one I had, now weeks later they decided they liked my original rug better, and want me to change it back. It’s long gone. They asked for a colour palette, then decided they wanted only neutral pillows and throws, now I’m told they want the original colours back. Plus new lamps. And on and on. This process has taken 100s of hours of my time, and money, and they are never satisfied. It has angered me to the point of considering closing down my listing and listing elsewhere.

@Inge12  So sorry you've had such a horrible experience with this, but it appears to be the norm. They should call it "Airbnb Control Freak" listings instead of Plus. they're behaving like the kind of parents who berates their child for the one B+ they got on their report card, ignoring that all the rest were As.

They should be ashamed of themselves for putting hosts through this BS, but alas, shame is not part of their repetoire. Arrogance is, though.

Inge12
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

Thank you. Really appreciate the support. I’m so upset by this process. Totally turned off. They don’t seem to care that all my guests write how beautiful my space is, stylish, etc., instead they think they know better. I appreciate you reaching out. Thanks 

The plus team they sent to us where totally unprofessional they no ID's or business cards stupid fix's like no tea bags didn't take any photo's of the pool or other on site facilities  

I also think guest who book through Plus would expect more

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

I did make a post some time go I cant seem to find it, basically it was about Plus being a big flop their target was something about 85,000 listing @ $149 then it went to "You have been invited to add your property to Plus" for Free it turns out they dont even have 10,000 properties listed.

In the same apartment building were mine is there is one guy I know who is on Plus, his bookings are down so less money he cant advertise with other OTA's which has been mentioned here and the guest have been a lot more demanding like he should be offering a concierge service just because they booked a Plus Property,

Inge12
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

Good to hear! Thank you. After jerking me around for months, asking me to purchase rugs, pillows, blankets, plants, lamps, they have just kicked me out of the running for Airbnb Plus. I am so angry. They are taking someone who was a huge Airbnb supporter and have changed me into someone  who doesn’t trust them as far as I can throw them! 

I’ve been a successful Superhost with 95% occupancy most months, when I saw the Airbnb Plus program , I felt as a reward to my hard work.

My pictures were great but Airbnb plus decided to sent me a photographer, that supposed to be great but unfortunately it was awful, I complained, sent new pictures to airbnb Plus and were never accepted them and I can’t edit them.

it suppose to have our place most expose, more rentals but my rental went from 95% occupancy to 3 %, I feel I don’t exist anymore. This month ONLY THREE DAYS rental. I can’t cover my basic apartment expenses anymore.

I was blaming the sargassum instead of Brexit, but the sargassum is far gone.

I’m desperate 

After reading your posts I think Airbnb PLus is a flog. I see a lot says resolved, what have you done.

This is the 4th time I even try to post ... and nothing happens.

H E L P !

Jennifer62
Level 4
Montclair, NJ

So glad I found this thread ... had noticed they started offering Plus in Santa Fe and thought I might want that ... but clearly I don't! Thank you.

Inge12
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

Avoid it like the plague!

Point-White0
Level 1
Bainbridge Island, WA

I appreciate this info so much. I thought we should pursue the "Plus" badge but after hearing this and other feedback, our interest wanes! Thanks to you and all who took the time to post.

Villads0
Level 2
Charlottenlund, Denmark

Hi Mary,

My name is Villads and I am a third year student at Copenhagen Business School, currently writing my thesis about Airbnb Plus with two classmates.

In connection with this, we have made a short survey for plus hosts, which we really hope you would like to participate in - it's 5 short questions, so takes no time 🙂

Thank you very much in advance and take care!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TkFchwBd20y3et6uXWqyAaiPH22vr6tAplKR9REE5t1UQTVQ...

Villads0
Level 2
Charlottenlund, Denmark

Dear Plus hosts,

My name is Villads and I am a third year student at Copenhagen Business School, currently writing my thesis about Airbnb Plus with two classmates.

In connection with this, we have made a short survey for plus hosts, which we really hope you would like to participate in - it's 5 short questions, so takes no time 🙂

Thank you very much in advance and take care!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TkFchwBd20y3et6uXWqyAaiPH22vr6tAplKR9REE5t1UQTVQ...