Airbnb refusing to refund service fee for Flexible Cancellation Policy booking

Wes11
Level 1
Tallahassee, FL

Airbnb refusing to refund service fee for Flexible Cancellation Policy booking

I booked, and subsequently canceled a stay under the Flexible Cancellation Policy, which at all times relevant to this matter stated that the Airbnb service fee would be refunded in addition to the cost of the stay, with the limitation that the service fee can be refunded no more than 3 times per year, and there will be no refund of the service fee if there is an overlapping booking with the canceled reservation. Neither of the aforementioned exclusions apply to my case.  AirBNB instantly/automatically refunded me the cost of the stay upon cancellation, but held on to the $16 service fee. I've put in 3 phone calls to AirBNB about the issue, and they either don't know what to do, or they tell me the "payments division" will call me to discuss (which doesn't happen). Seems to me the only thing the phone reps want to do is get me off the phone whiel AirBNB unjustly retains my money.

I'm clearly entitled to a refund of the service fee based on AirBNB's own terms and conditions. Anyone know a magic means to get them to comply with their own terms? I'm about to just stop trying with them and file it with my credit card company as a chargeback.

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Credit Card route seems easier, otherwise twitter?

David