All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

Answered!
India0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

This is really an issue for hosting and traveling. For the last few day all prices displayed on airbnb have changed to US Dollars. I'm in the UK, using airbnb.co.uk, my account is in British Pounds ... I'm confused. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

92 Replies 92

Hi India, yes, many hosts experience the same. it's just that when you enter on the site it's automatically in USD. You have to scroll down to the end of the main page and change USD in Pounds. Since 3  days I have to do it, yet reply to airbnb but not solve.

Sarnia0
Level 1
Burleigh Heads, Australia

Most inconvenient location to have the currency button - i would never have found it if I hadn't read this.
However thanks for sharing !

Hi 

Click on 3 horizontal bars on top right. Select Account. Scroll down to Global preferences. There you can change currency.

Hope this helps.

I live in the US,  on the US airbnb site, trying to book a US property.  When I click book now, it changes the total and has this message below   You are paying in EUR. Your total charge is €970.  Why is it saying this?  I don't want to pay more and it's on all the listings I just checked

I live in the Netherlands, currency is set in Euro, and when I want to book a room in a euro country, they convert Euro to GBP to Euro. This summer I was in the US, and even then they went through the GBP > Euro conversion.

Very annoying and adds extra costs to us as travellers.

I’m having the same problems. Airbnb can’t seem to get there act together. I’m a host and losing money. 

Julia335
Level 4
United Kingdom

Hello - all the way around to May 2017 and I am getting this problem too. How do I resolve it?

I cant seem to fina anyone at AIRBNB to help.

Thanks?

JUlia

In the app? Goto [your] profile > settings > currency.

Profile should be permanently in lower right corner of iphone

I get your point but when making payment, I am still charge with a different currency from the one I saw firstly (my own currency)

Hello,

All my settings are correct and reflect that I am in the UK. I eventually filled in an enquiry form and someone from airbnb called me. And told me it was because I have an american credit card. Which I do not. I told him so and eventually  he said he would pass the query on to someone else.He also pointed out that as its a 'community' I might not expect to get technical questions addressed as we are all part of a 'community'.  I then got a 'How happy are you with the service and was my query answered' request. Gave them a low score and NO. I have had one further email from someone that seemed to suggest there was no problem and there has been nothing more. I asked for this issue to be corrected and my foreign currency charges to be reimbursed but no reply.

I also told them that I will not be using this service while on a month long trip to Australia unless this is sorted and this has not been acknowledged. 

I paid through paypal and so when it reaches the appropriate time limit I will press this with paypal. AirBNB appear to be a modern well run company but i think using currency shenannigans to fleece customers is incredibly poor and trying to hide sharp commercial practice behind presenting this as an issue of an amatuer or voluntary company is shocking. This is a commercial operation and are required to meet contractual obligations. 

Well said you. I am a host and am experiencing being underpaid by Airbnb , I lost $340 on one booking and they used exchange rate as an excuse, now they are blaming PayPal even though all my payout methods are in $NZ , exchange rates should not affect us! Airbnb are basically not interested , I post my rants on their Facebook page!

With the lack of support, customers and renters having major issues, etc, etc, I think airbnb is ready for competition.  Who else is out there with decent portfolio of homes?

One way Airbnb might respond if someone does a study where user/customer feedback (like the above) predicts future sales/outcomes.  With an IPO planned soon, I would think that study would have major impact on their stock price and thus responsiveness.  I wonder if there are researchers interested in this question?

Ng4
Level 1
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Thank you

Suzi19
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

You wonderful man!  I've just spent half an hour on the main site on my laptop trying to figure out how to change the currency.  Easy on the App, folks!  Thank you so much. Suzi