As a host I need to cancel the reservation

As a host I need to cancel the reservation

Because of some technical mistakes as a host  I have to cancel a reservation. I contacted the client and asked them to cancel it, saying that I will cover the service fee which is 18 euros, but the client told me totally different amount of 70 pounds + 83pound (they will lose the coupon)...

I can't understand if this information could be clear. cause in my invoice i see that service fee is just 18 euros...

Anyone had such experience?

I am very new on Airbnb and not sure how I can resolve this situation.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Ron58

What do you mean by a technical mistake?

I think you know because you asked the guest to cancel that BNB takes it very seriously if a host cancels (unless there are extenuating circumstances).

Unfortunately we can't comment on the costs involved because we don't know what your guest paid, your cancellation policy or how close to their arrival date it is. 

Are you saying your cancellation policy means they will get a full refund less the fees if they cancel?

@Helen3, thanks for your response.

I just made a mistake to confirm the request. The check-in is in 2.5 months. 

The next day after the reservation I contacted the guest, apologized and asked them to cancel. On my way I see that the service fee which is not refundable is just 19 euros, which I have no problem to refund the guest. But the question is that the client insists that the service fee is 4 times more... The guest says that he will lose his coupon. And I can not find any information about the coupon on the web.And I can't find any way to contact AirBnB team just to understand if its' possible that in my invoice I have one service fee, and on they have a different one...

@Ron58

If the guests have used an airbnb coupon to part pay their stay, it is probably correct that they will loose more than the service fee.  A coupon is often for USD 100 - possibly granted them by airbnb because they have already suffered a host cancellation. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ron58 you as a host pay 3% service fee but the guest pay about 12% (it depends how long the stay is- browse ABB for exact info)

ask them to make a screen shot of their booking confirmation and you will see how much they have payed and if they have used a coupon