Bad Review from Cancelled Guest

Gualtiero3
Level 1
Mantova, Italy

Bad Review from Cancelled Guest

A guest booked my apartment for one month just the night before the arrival, he checked in, used the apartment bed, bathroom and kitchen and after 5 hours he stated he wanted to cancel. I was very sorry but I cancelled through the resolution center his booking and (very generously) gave him full refund, I didn't gave any review of this messy guest because he didn't stay for the night. After 14 days I found a ONE STAR review of my place by this awful person who actually stayed at my place for free and just 5 hours. Is this possible. Can the review be rediscussed or cancelled ? Can I still ask a refund for the first day and the cleening fees ?

2 Replies 2
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Gualtiero3

Its very unusual for people to leave a place that quickly. Something had to be wrong. What happened here?

It was nice of you to offer a full refund. Maybe to nice to ne honest. Normally you would offer a partial refund but if the guest's complaint was really serious, then I would offer a full refund but it would have to be very very bad and grave. 

You can't undo anything of these things - only take his feedback and do better in the future. I presume he wasn't unfair to you since you gave him the full refund.

Reviews cant be undone or written retroactively and once you offered a refund and he accepted the change of booking, it can't be undone either. You could ask him to pay for half or a whole day but I'll be honest and tell you that it won't happen. At least I wouldn't myself pay for half of a day if we previously agreed to a total refund.

Becky19
Level 2
Champaign, IL

personally, you were too nice to give any refund, this is a business. There is a 48 period a person can edit the review. I would call airbnb and ask them to delete it. They can. Give them a call. I have done this for a while and went from nice to stern. I offer a discount for future bookings, have strict cancellation policies and I want to know why he wanted to leave. However get in touch with airbnb call them.