Bad review that isn't true - so upset.

Hazel12
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Bad review that isn't true - so upset.

We stayed two nights at a place outside Dublin - it claimed to be pet friendly but whent he host posted her review she said that "The guests stayed one night. They seemed very nice. Unfortunately after they left i discovered that they' d allowed the dog onto the beds leaving BOTH beds filthy." This is completely untrue. The weather was very wet and windy and we love to hillwalk with our dog, so naturally after a day out in the mud and rain our dog (and us) were dirty. She wags her tail alot and when it's dirty it flicks mud everywhere. However, only a small amount ended up on the bed. It was so insignificant that I didn't even think to say it to the host. I also cleaned up any other mess the dog had made (we asked for a mop but were told "no need, I expect dogs to be dirty.") There were no cleaning materials in the house so I used a washcloth to wipe the small traces of mud off the walls and fridge. We really took care of the house and I was so annoyed that the host had nothing good to say but focused on dirty bed covers that she is supposed to wash afte each stay anyway! I contacted her and told her that she probably needs to rethink her pet policy as she obviously cannot handle the extra dirt a dog will bring. She told that she should not be expected to clean up after a dog, it should not be neccessary. Well I'd argue that if you let a dog in your airbnb that you should have to clean up after it - as you are supposed to clean the house after each gust leaves  - especially given the fact that she left no materials for us to mop or sweep. How do i amke a complaint and get this host to change their pet policy to reflect the truth - that she only wants spotlessly clean animals in her home!

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Hazel12  If you read the Air BNB Contents Policy in the Help Center, you will find that both hosts and guests can state opinions and perceptions without censure.  It works both ways.  Even the best of pups, (being a dog owner myself) can be messy, so I always assume that I will need to be prepared for the worst.  Perhaps the host needs to provide more access to cleaning materials and your response to her will prompt her to do so.

I suggest you don't waste your time on fighting this review.  As you continue to travel with Air BNB, and I hope you will, your reviews will accumulate as positive ones.  Good luck

Thank you for repsonding - This is my first bad review after quite a few stays so it hit hard. I will let it go nad look forward - hopefuilly hosts will judge me on the good reviews I have received and not this one bad one.