COVID-19 WAIVER OF LIABILITY

Ashley924
Level 2
Cassis, France

COVID-19 WAIVER OF LIABILITY

Hello Fellow hosts,

We are all going through a tough and disturbing time with Covid-19. And there are many factors that still remain unknown.

In view of this I would be interested to know if any host/s have considered or created a 'COVID-19 WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMINIFICATION' form to be signed by guests prior to them taking occupancy. As mentioned the future is unpredictable and I feel sure none of us would wish to be potentially held liable should a guest fall sick after staying in one of our properties.

Thank you for your attention to and consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Ashley **

Cassis, France 

3 Replies 3
Naomi154
Level 2
Orinda, CA

I have been thinking about this, but wasn't sure how to add it in to the Airbnb platform.  Does anyone know how to add a separate agreement that guests will need to sign?

Ashley924
Level 2
Cassis, France

After some reflection I have concluded that such a form may create more issues than it solves. Our guests are on holidays to forget their day-to-day problems - including Covid 19 - and to remind them of it really serves no purpose. Except perhaps to 'frighten' them away from making a booking - or cancelling an existing booking.

Additionally it would be difficult to identify a single contamination point were they to get sick on their return.

Steve-And-Mark1
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

I’ve also been thinking about this.  I want to reopen my Airbnb casita, and am

completely in agreement with the new cleaning regime.  But I think there should be an Airbnb-wide policy and sign-off requirement when guests book.