Cancelling a guest

Eleanor1
Level 1
Inverness, United Kingdom

Cancelling a guest

Help! I have had to cancel a guest due to stay on 20th July - I had hoped that telling her asap would help her re arrange.

She is being very demanding (I suggested alternatives) and she tried to book alternative accommodation elsewhere (100miles away) which has also been cancelled. She is demanding £118 from me when the reservation was initially for £100 but I can't refund something I haven't received the money for?

What should I do? Any advice would be greatly received...
4 Replies 4
Margaret0
Level 8
Dublin, Ireland

Just tell her to deal with airbnb not you, her contract is with them not you, they took her money. You have instructed them to give her a full refund of what was due to you. You can't do anymore and ignore further correspondance

Eleanor1
Level 1

Thanks @Margaret0! Will do. 

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Eleanor1,

I agree with @Margaret0 but this is the third time you have cancelled on a guest.  I am sure you are now aware of the penalties.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Eleanor1
Level 1

Indeed I am. Sometimes life just gets in the way! 

Previously I have had to pay a refund as per AirBnB's T&S through an automated response but as I didn't get an offical AirBnB email to say I need to pay the refund I've been rather confused.

Thanks for your response.