Changing cleaning fees

Answered!
Jill96
Level 5
Balgowlah, Australia

Changing cleaning fees

Hi There, I'm new to Airbnb and have listed our place.  Initially I put on a cleaning fee and then changed my mind and deleted it.  But it still shows up on the phone App that there is a cleaning fee.  I have turned it off in the fees section and it still appears if I search my listing, as a traveller on the phone app.  Can anyone help me.  I can't work it out.  Many Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Did you try to refresh your devices? Reboot and refresh.

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Did you try to refresh your devices? Reboot and refresh.

Thank you very much!  I logged out of both Facebook and Airbnb and it worked. 🙂 Much appreciated

Peter-Lichy0
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

Hi There

I would like to change the cleaning fees to reflect the length of stay eg. if someone stay for 3 days it should not the same cost for cleaning fees as someone who stays for 3 weeks. I thought there was a way to charge per day but i can't find it. If there is someone out there who know how to do this please let me know.

Simone131
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Hi.

I would like to know how to charge based on occupancy.  I have 1 couple staying.. so I set the cleaning fee at 30-  I also have a family of 4 staying and want to change the cleaning fee to 60.

How do I do that?  ...or any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

Brian197
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

We want to increase the cleaning fees. Will this impact the guests that have confirmed reservations?

@Brian197  No, it will only affect future guests.

Thank You!

Amy-And-Joe0
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

Last summer when we listed our Farmhouse on AirBnB we set a cleaning fee of $150 regardless of number of occupants or length of stay.  We are now having to go to a new cleaning lady who appears to be excellent but has asked for a higher rate given the size of the Farmhouse/number of guest/length of stay.  Is it poor form to ask upcoming guests  who understand the cleaning fee to be $150 - to request they absorb the potential new added cleaning fee cost - $75 addtional cost for toal of $225.  

yes. You cant do that. I charge guests $125 for a house i pay a company $200 to clean. not that you should do that but once booking is made the cleaning fee cant change. Add a litle more to your night rate and \ or do a two night minimum if it might work better. People can still request one night but you let them know if they do, then i add a small upcharge to off set my extra costs.

Michelle511
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

I was doing some calculations because my numbers were not adding up to what Air Bnb was reporting. It turns out that Air Bnb is reporting that I earned $75 less in cleaning fees than I was supposed to earn. After looking at all of my bookings, I noticed that all guests were charged a cleaning free except for one. I still had to have the cleaning service clean after this guest and I did not notice at the time that Air Bnb did not charge the guest this fee. Has anyone else has this experience? Any idea why this happened? I'm upset because this happened without my knowledge and it cost me to have the place cleaned.

Thanks,

Michelle

Anthony232
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

HI there. I am new to this. Does anyone know how the cleanign fee works? I am charging $55.00 but I do not see it reflected on the charge?

Iris9
Level 2
Ashqelon, Israel

I am hosting someone [for a month] who asked that I arrange weekly cleaning.  I told him I need to charge him extra for this, and he agrees.  He booked for 2 weeks and now wants to book for the next two.  I plan to charge him the standard cleaning fee that I show on my listing multiplied by 4 weeks. How do I do that?

probably just do it between the two of you.