Checking In Late

Donna1251
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Checking In Late

Hi I'm Donna from Vegas. I've hosted twice now on Air BnB, both times communicating with my guests, and they showed up promptly when check in begins, at 3pm. I'm waiting for my 3rd guest now who hasn't communicated with me at all! It's 1 1/2 hours after check in starts, and they have until 11pm, but MUST CLEAR IT WITH HOST (It says this in my listing) What are the options I have in regarding to Late Check Ins?

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Donna1251   I can see on your listing your check in details 3 - 11, but I can’t see where you state that a time must be ‘cleared with the Host’ first.  Perhaps, moving forward you can make this clearer.  Also, sometimes circumstances beyond the guests control such as flight delays, traffic etc can result in a late check in and they are not always in a position to let you know.  If you offer a check in period of several hours then you need to be available to facilitate this.  Alternatively you may consider self-check in options for times when you are not available such as a coded lockbox containing a key.

@Donna1251  The check-in is only "late" if it's after 11 PM. 

Each time a booking is confirmed, I recommend asking the guest to schedule their arrival time, like an appointment, to be sure someone is there to let them in.  If they haven't responded by the day before arrival, try calling or texting them (sometimes Airbnb notifications get lost in the spam folder). You want to get this squared away before the arrival date arrives, because then they may be in transit and not able to send/receive messages.