Cleaning person stole inventory

Sean321
Level 2
Austin, TX

Cleaning person stole inventory

Hi. Long-time host, first-time poster here.

Everybody here knows how hard it is to find a reliable, thorough housekeeper. I thought I had found such a person, until she decided to demand more money and personally attack me through a series of long angry text messages.This disagreement was over laundry costs. I pay her $25 / hr plus a stipend for offsite laundry. Well, she decided this wasn't enough. Its like she just flipped the crazy switch. I tried to be professional and civil, but she did not return the favor.

So, she is taking for ransom all my inventory (sheets, duvets, towels, etc) and refuses to return it. She has blocked my phone number so I can't even communicate with her. I have all her insulting texts, pictures of my inventory that she sent me, her contact and address information. I am going to file a police report but I am not sure yet if its worth pursuing legal action. The value of these items is maybe $1k. Is there any other action I should take? Has anyone been through something like this before?

The old me wants to fight tooth and nail for my stuff back and to seek retribution for her insults. But, I am going to be a father in a month and I don't want to be stressed out with this. I value my time, so I am considering cutting my losses and moving on.

I would appreciate if any has thoughts or experiences on this matter!

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sean321  File the report with the police. If she's doing this to you she may have done it to others. This will stop her in her tracks and since it's all documented it's a slam dunk. My guess is she returns eveything for you not to show up in court.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

you co-host for 12 listings (none of which appear to be legal) seems like you should have a good cleaning service who likes you

Thanks Kelly, for your unhelpful and incorrect assumption about my business. All my listings are licensed, except for the ones that are a 30 day minimum.

Sorry to offend, clicked thru quite a few of them and never saw any license number or any of the standard austin guidelines. But if you’re all good then good luck with the rogue cleaning lady.