Co-Hosting with someone who has booked my home for a year

Made11
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Co-Hosting with someone who has booked my home for a year

I need guidance on a situation with a guest who has booked my home for a year that has gotten ill and cannot come.

He would now like to become a co-host to rent my home since cannot be there.

I am being expected to maintain the property - and he says that he will compensate me for this.

I have not done this before, I am concerned about a few things:

Control over the property.

Transactions

Responsibility - if one of his guests cancels or has a problem or damages the home or hurts themselves in the home?

As of now HE is committed through AirBNB as a guest to pay the monthly rate, will his acquiring of guests and transactions affect this rate?

Is it to be understood that I will get the monthly rate already agreed upon, and he will then be transferred for the guests that he aquires and hosts as a co-host?

Thank you for any and all of your help -

1 Reply 1

@Made11 that is a very unusual attempt to solve a fairly simple problem.

If the guest cannot stay in your listing, they should cancel their reservation. Since this is a long-term booking they might have to pay for the first month despite the cancellation.

(It depends on whether they attempt to claim extenuating circumstances.)

Once the guest has cancelled, you should be free to rent out your listing to other guests, and keep all the money yourself.

Why in the world does the guest feel they have a right to be your co-host if you are doing all the work?