Cockroaches please help me

Cockroaches please help me

Hello to all, 

I have a very quick question, I am not in the position to share details yet as I am still trying to figure out how to handle. 

We stayed at apartment for 6 nights (downtown). Second day we found a roach in the elevator- ok these things happen. Third night we saw one in the living room- ok these things happen-I killed it.

One night before we left, as we were enjoying a glass of wine a roach came out from behind a furniture that was part of the wall across us. We killed it and then sprayed the area where it came out from.

Then, gradually, 65 cockroaches came out from behind this area (like cupboards). In around 2,5 hours all four of us (after midnight) just sat there waiting for the next roach to appear. All sizes. Huge and baby ones came out. My boyfriend’s shoe was full of roach intestines ( 120 euro Nike shoes) -he wont wear them again. My other friend had a panic attack.

To make long story short we told the owner first thing in the morning via sms (as by the time we were done its was 2:30 am). We even cancelled a day trip planned for the next day as we went to bed so late.

The owner sms'ed that he would bring a cleaning lady and refund 2 days (the day this happened and the next of our stay). 

He then called us and suggested that we move to the apartment right above us for the last night. We refused as since there is a nest with 65 roaches in one apartment - transferring within the same building would not make a difference and increased chances of dealing with a new nest. 

Now, 4 business days after the incident we asked when the money would be refunded and were notified that the amount for the 1 night would be refunded. 1 instead of 2 nights, we are asking WHY one night and not 2 and no response ( this via sms). 

I have pictures and videos of us killing the roaches, cleaning the bloodbath, throwing them in the garbage - the shoes-  everything. 

Is there any chance anyone could comment with their opinion on what we should do now?

I understand the suggestion of transferring to another location may be the reason for refunding one night only but that was not a solution in our opinion -at the time -as we were just too scared to change apartments in the same building. When there is a nest in a building this means that all the building did not undergo the process of disinsectisation. 

We were very polite but now I am starting to get furious on how this is being handled. 65 and all coming out of a specific place not near kitchen - not near bathroom means the building has serious issue with roaches. 

Looking forward to your thoughts! A small sample

0 Replies 0