Create my own discount/coupon code?

in
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level 2

I want to offer a discount code that can be used by multiple guests that get referred to me by another website. Is there any way to do this?

6 Replies

Re: Create my own discount/coupon code?

in
Vancouver, WA
Level 10

@Alex670 Nope. But when the guest sends you an inquiry on Airbnb, you can respond back with a Special Offer for a discounted price. 

in
California, United States
Level 2

newbie here.  last night when I was creating my first airbnb home, it had a section for coupon code to give to guests.

However, I failed to use it.   And now I cannot find a way to put one in myself.

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 1
How??

in
Templeton, CA
Level 10

@Alex670. Although there are several websites that offer discount coupons for Airbnb (Retailmenot, etc) Airbnb does not honor them.  Only coupons issued by Airbnb are honored so don't waste your time sending coupon codes from websites.  

Your best bet is to refer friends to join Airbnb.

in
Belle, WV
Level 10

You might consider having potential guests use a specific phrase in an inquiry through Airbnb then send them the special discount. Remember, Airbnb really wants you to only use Airbnb. They don't play with other OTAs, they don't like redirecting to your direct book website. You can find ways around it, but it won't be simple because they want everyone going through them.

You can also send previous guests special offers through Airbnb, but you can't get their contact information unless they give it to you some other way. 

That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.

in
Carrollton, GA
Level 1

I have seen how you can send people special offers, but only the first time they book. I would like to give guests a code for a discount if they stay again. I have not found a way to do this.