Credit Card verification

Jenny164
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Credit Card verification

Hi,

I just joined Airbnb. I had my ID verified and then entered a credit card to complete my booking. However, the system prompted me to upload a billing statement to verify my cerdit card. It told me to wait 24 hours, but it has been over 24 hours and Im still stuck. I wanted to book a last minute trip for tomorrow and my first choice is now taken. FRUSTRATING that it needs to take this long! What else can I do? I called the office, but they cant do anything. There's no one to talk to to get my account approved so that I can book a place for tomorrow!

18 Replies 18
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You have probably done this, @Jenny164, but I had a guest tell me the system kept showing him as unverified until he turned his computer off then back on. I know it is a standard response, but if you have not done it, try it, whether with computer or phone. Maybe it was a coincidence, but it worked for him. Hope it does for you. How very frustrating.

If it is not that, you could try turning to Twitter. Tweet to AirbnbHelp. 

Eugenia28
Level 1
Galați, Romania

I have the same issue. Verrified all so to have the green checkmark yet they are still "reviewing your billing statement for MasterCard xxxx. There’s nothing else you need to do right now."

The 24 hours have passed and it is very annoying that you cannot finalize your booking.

Also theere is not way to speak with an actual human and all links point to FQA thingws that DO NOT HELP YOU AT ALL.

First time using this airbnb and it looks it might just be the LAST TIME. 

Same problem for a month. Airbnb should wake up!

Cori4
Level 1
Tottenham, Canada

I'm in the same boat. Can't book anyhting until I'm verifie. What really bothers me -I'm already verified on one credit card. This is a second card I added and now I can't even use the original card. I'm a host as well as a traveller and I'm totoally frustrated. There is no one I can reach to deal with this BAHHHHHHHH.

Any thoughts?

Xia1
Level 1
Stockton, CA

I can't believe this, Me too.Up to now 5 days!

And I submitted two issues in the help center, called 2 times customer service phone, every time I was told to be expedited, but useless! I am very hasty and need to book a room ASAP.

I can't believe this.There must be some sort of discrimination!

Manuela155
Level 2
Ramos Mejía, Argentina

Hi could you solve the problem? Im through that right now

Carole160
Level 1
South Lake Tahoe, CA

I just need help finding a phone number so I can talk to somebody.  I have searched endlessly and can not find a phone number.  Can anhyone help me???

David_Lena0
Level 1
Elmore, VT

This is a frustrating site.  I have been a Superhost and a traveller for several years.  I need to book something quickly, and I cannot.  Guess what Airbnb, I have other things to do and options. 

They want me to upload a credit card statement.  I do not get statements for my debit card that reflect my card number.  Impossible.

With zero customer service, it makes we wonder why I use the service at all.  VRBO and others are out there also.

Oh My!! exactely same here!!!!

what should we do ?! is there anybody stands out and fix it up??

William190
Level 1
L'Isle-d'Abeau, France

Hi

Have made several bookings without ever having to upload a statement. Have just spent an hour and a half trying to finalize a reservation reckon this will be the last time I use them. Total nightmare, shame because the idea is great.

Chatura-Sandaruwan0
Level 1
Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Sri Lanka

This is worst ever customer service I have experienced so far.. After waiting 3 days since I requested the payment method verification, now my booking not available for that date. I tried to contact every possible way to sorted out this but no one give me a solution so far. since I made a request, there was twitter DM thread that keep asking me to wait more time to attend, even they make my case as highest priority.  Also they try to claim this was due to high volume of inquires, but I don't understand why they make this as execuse for service they provide.

Now I don't want to precede this useless Airbnd service anymore.. Ill post whole incidence and make this public to aware and avoid such a bull**bleep** service to many more other people. 

Jasmine49
Level 1
Edmond, OK

Hello people! I just had this issue I had a last minute plane ticket change and had to stay in LA . Couldnt book a thing and all the hotels were outragiously overpriced for the area. All I did was make a Paypal account using the same card info and BAM It confirmed !!! Paypal is an easy way to avoid websites from being suspect of your card usage regardless of where in the world you are using your card, I always use paypal to import goods!! Try it out!

Tan14
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

uploaded First page of my bank statement and being verified immediately. 

Bob183
Level 1
Stillwater, OK

Same thing happening to me over and over and over.  Won't let me upload an AMEX statement.  And they never post 2 transactions for me to enter, only 1.  So Airbnb is to be considered a baby company that works sometimes and others doesn't.  Thank God for Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and other such lodging providers that know what they are doing!