Delayed payment by Airbnb

Colin15
Level 2
Maspalomas, Spain

Delayed payment by Airbnb

Anybody else had this problem?

A guest makes a booking for one person pays and reservation is confirmed by Airbnb. 

Then adds an extra person and must pay the difference. 

This second payment did not go through Airbnb now tell me the day the guests checked out when I asked them why I had not been paid. 

Surly they should have either informed me and or cancelled the reservation.

They did neither they let the guest add an extra person and confirmed the reservation 

without collecting the payment. 

They tell me now they are trying to collect the payment and if they can not I will still

get the full amount. 

Why should I have to wait for my payment because of Airbnb’s mistake.

1 Reply 1

@Colin15

I have seen this happen a few  times, detailed in similar posts.

The guest pay for one person or one night.They then send a change to reservation request which you accept or maybe just a request to send  a payment to you. They then remove their credit/debit card details off their account so when AirBnb goes to collect the payment there is no card detail to collect it from.So they Airbnb tries and get it from the guests. At least they have told you, you will get paid...but it is likely Airbnb will pay you...so I would be patient and wait. 

It is difficult because you do get guests who genuinely want to add a guest or extend their stay and pay...but there is this loophole that others are taking advantage of.