Double booking

Delia4
Level 1
Andalucía, Spain

Double booking

Airbnb have just allowed someone to book over dates that I have blocked. It means that blocking out periods means nothing? I am now trying to sort a double booking. And I can't contact airbnb....

14 Replies 14
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Delia4,

Have you tried typing "contact Airbnb" above in the "Search this Community" box above.  It works like a charm!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hayley10
Level 2
Mortehoe, United Kingdom

I had blocked the calender because of a booking but someone else has managed to book instantly over this blocked booking. How? I am now left with sorting out this double booking and I can't get hold of Airbnb!!!

David513
Level 1
Pacifica, CA

Same thing happened to my host just this week.  AirBNB allowed a double booking with a Book It Now.  Must be they are putting too much money into the executive suite and not enough actually running the company.

Hayley10
Level 2
Mortehoe, United Kingdom

Yes I agree! Most annoyingly it also stopped me from getting a rating as a top host!

It was credibly hard to get hold of anyone - its not obvious on the site!

Janelle10
Level 1
New Brighton, Australia

I have just had this exact thing happen, which means that I now lose my "superhost" ranking for a year. I then checked through my calendar and found a couple of prior dates that I had blocked out were now showing as available... how does this happen? Do I have to check my calendar every day?!! So very, very annoying and frustrating....

Colleen63
Level 2
Bloomington, IN

I was just double booked! Can not reach Airbnb. This was clearly an Airbnb mistake, how  do I reach them to fix it? I was on hold for over 30min yesterday!!! (I finally hung up) I am spending way to much time on fixing a problem that should never have happened. HELP

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Colleen63,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

This does sounds strange, I would recommend trying to reach the Support Team via telephone again, as it could have just been a particularly busy time. However, here is a Community Guide on the different ways to reach them. 

I hope you get this sorted.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Airbnb's habit of dropping non-Airbnb bookings has happened to me numerous times. 

given Airbnb strict cancellation by owner policy, i ended up finding these non-airbnb

guests another apt, or cancelling them. 

of course, Airbnb says there is nothing they can do about it.

Does anyone know about a free or affordable third party calendar system? i want to

see if that works. Although, the problem I see is if I sync the Airbnb calendar to this

new outside universal calendar, Airbnb could drop these reservations also. 

With Airbnb's new policy of all searhces, no matter if months in advance, default to Insta-Book

only listings, (even on the rare chance the guest even notices that they are filtering the listings,

they must go out of their way (past a pop-up bubble that tells them not to) and have to turn off

the Insta-Book only filter.

Just spoken to AirBnB on the phone.  Extremely helpful.  A double booking due to sync problems is to be cancelled with no penalty.

Reading previous messages they would seem to recognise this as a problem now and are, hopefully, sorting it out.

It has just happened to me, it appears the brides parents booked through Holiday lettings and now the grooms parents have booked through Air BNB! I am so sad for them

i have had two cancellations due ti syncing issues - it seems airbnb sync for 2018 but not 2019 ATM! 

What number did you ring - i am finding it impossible to get hold of anyone?

What did you do for the guests that thought they had a reservation and now they don't?

Judy29
Level 9
Brant, Canada

I ahve a full time tenant arriving this monday.  Airbnb still allows people to try to book over top of these dates.  I have phoned numberous time to speak with Airbnb to solve the problem.  It is just not acceptable to have to continuallly denie these requests.  I see that there are others having the same issue.  I worry that someone is going to arrive one day and say they are booked and I will end up with another disastourous experience like a number of weeks back when two bookings got reversed...airbnb booked two groups in the same location.

Fortunately I could accommodate but one couple was extremely disappointed and I had to refund, served a fabulous breakfast but left the couple with a bad experience (because my husband disconnected the A.C and didnt remember to reconnect after finished the project).  S#$% happens...and I am not impressed either.

I have other sites and one day someone is going to post a negative experience that i have no control of.  If only airbnb would just hand out the F#$%ing phone number and email addresses so people could contact before booking.  Actual conversation would solve so many issues before running a train into the wall.  27 years running bnb and never had as many bad experiences as with airbnb.

Lisa-D0
Level 1
Paechtown, Australia

I'm a new host abit confuse cos somebody directly booked the calender that alraedy booked/block.is there anything I can do...please help