Electronic Door Locks in Europe

Stefaan0
Level 1
Izegem, Belgium

Electronic Door Locks in Europe

Hi everyone, as a new host, I'm looking into facilitating the checkin of my guests with an electronic door lock. I've done my research and most brands offer what I want (Schlage, August, Kwikset, ...).

The only issue is that these systems are based on U.S. deadlocks meaning that the ones in Europe are different. Thumbturns are nowhere to be found in existing and new homes. Has anyone encountered this and if so, how did you manage to integrate a similar system into your rental? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stefaan0,

There are couple of threads about this topic that you might find interesting:

'remote locks' was started by a host in Germany and other hosts share some good suggestions.

'What technology do you use to help you host' also has some good ideas for locks!

Kirstie

ReRe0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

have you tried Dana lock or Okidokeys? Both have European versions. I have both of these locks but the US version. 

I use VirtualKEY [link removed] software to manage both these locks. It is also integrated with Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO etc. The reservations are synced automatically and lock is programmed for the guest and house-keeper automatically. You don't have to manually generate digital keys using the lock app. It saves you time and keeps things stress-free. I don't like to be worried about remembering to create codes and send emails to guests.

I also like one more feature that VirtualKEY Software provides. You can automate emails you want to send to guests like arrival instructions, request a review, guide book etc. I don't like to be worried about remembering to create codes and send emails to guests. I started offering instant booking after switching to VirtualKEY.

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Hello @Stefaan0

Could this be what you are looking for? It is called Easy Access EasyCode. It s also available for fingerprint and BlueTooth that gives you the opertunity to get one-time use codes for handymen etc.

Mariann 🙂

Easy Access EasyCode kodelås

Easy Access EasyFinger fingeravtrykklås

Joao145
Level 1
Albufeira, Portugal

Good day, I am using https://homeit.io/en/

I have 2 properties, with european safe like deadbolt and system works , now installed since 2016 and quite happy with their hosting app and mobile app for android and iphone.

A contract is required for use of their management portal which can manage multiple properties and access codes for each lock.