Enquiry from guest who doesnt need to stay overnight

Answered!
Sharon33
Level 2
Stourbridge, United Kingdom

Enquiry from guest who doesnt need to stay overnight

I have received an enquiry from a guest for Mon/Tues but says they dont need to stay over on Monday but would arrive at 8am on Tuesday

He/She (no photo and name is Morgan) says they work for Market Research company and only need to have 2 items delivered to my address

It sounds dodgy to me and my instinct is to cancel the booking. ( they used instant book).  Has anyone come across this before ?

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sharon33  NEVER let someone have mail or deliveries mailed to you home. If you get any return any mail for them "Not At This Address Return to Sender" on the front with a black marker cross out your address and just let his name show and drop it in a mailbox or return it a UPS or FedEx store if deliveried that way. If you are their when they are delivered refuse delivery. I would be on the phone with AirBnB having them cancel this ASAP. She has your address already which is not good as she may still have it delivered and just sit outside to wait for the delivery. 

United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Sharon33 Your checkout is 10am, they could wait all day for it to arrive. A very dodgy booking.

Don't cancel it yourself, ring customer service and get them to cancel it.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sharon33  NEVER let someone have mail or deliveries mailed to you home. If you get any return any mail for them "Not At This Address Return to Sender" on the front with a black marker cross out your address and just let his name show and drop it in a mailbox or return it a UPS or FedEx store if deliveried that way. If you are their when they are delivered refuse delivery. I would be on the phone with AirBnB having them cancel this ASAP. She has your address already which is not good as she may still have it delivered and just sit outside to wait for the delivery. 

United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Red flag!

Avoid.

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Don't allow it.  One way that people order goods using stolen credit card details is to have them delivered to somewhere they don't live.