Extra guests

Rebecca330
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Extra guests

We hosted a self-admitted first time AirBNB couple. All went well except ... we noticed an additional (3rd) person along with their car staying overnight in our motorhome rental on the first of two nights. The sofa bed was also used which I discovered later due to the location of the seat belts which were moved and can only be moved by opening the bed. I'm sure they thought no one would know if Goldilocks had been in the bed, but we did.  The extra friend may have stayed over as a result of anything understandable, but the contract clearly states $20 extra per person per night. He hasn't reviewed us yet (after a week) and we are new and needing reviews (only 5 so far, but all good). Should I let it ride or ask for the extra $20?

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Definetly a judgement call, @Rebecca330.  I would send a request for money on the reservation as soon as possible.  Also send a message to the guest that goes like, "I understand you are new to Air BNB and may not have noticed the extra charge for the third person in your party.  I will be sending you a modification for the additional charge.  Please accept and Air BNB will add that charge to your credit card.  Thank you for your cooperation."  Then wait for the response.  If the guest denies that there was a third person or just ignores the request,  your review would be a thumbs down based on breaking house rules.  If there is a negative review, your good revviews will prevail and your response to the review should be able to clarify the basis of the negativity.   Hope this helps.