FAQ – QUESTIONS

Answered!
Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

FAQ – QUESTIONS

You can ask me anything about Airbnb on how it works, hosting, etc. name it and I will answer you in the best way I can. I will be more than willing to help! 🙂

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ingrid144

About ur payout, are u a new host? Coz if u are then Airbnb does this new payout system where they will hold ur first payout for like 30 days for u to establish ur credibility as a host. Uhmmm if u are not a new host then i suggest u contact Airbnb and check with them why u are still not receiving ur payout. Also please consider the processing time of ur financial provider coz airbnb usually releases the payout 24 hours after the scheduled check in date but u will receive ur  payout depending on ur financial provider processing time. you may also check ur transaction history page to check the status of ur payout.

hopes this answers ur question.

have a great day. 

View Best Answer in original post

95 Replies 95
Linette4
Level 1
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Hi, i had the same problem, I am a new host, but when I check the payout status it says delivered, but I have nothing in my bank account. I asked the client confirmed me that the bank debited the money from his account but i have not recieved it yet. Do i have to waith the 30 days still or should i contact airbnb?

I checked the account i registered for the payout and every information is ok, so i dont know what to do. 

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Linette4

Well you have to check first your transaction history page of your account. If your payout is already in the completed transaction click view status. Or the little grey question mark icon beside the dates or view status button, if it shows that the payout has already reached ur account then you may contact airbnb. Please take note that you will receive the payout depending in the processing time of your financial provider. Now if all your payout appears to be in the future transaction history tab then check the view status since you will see there when your payout will be released

Hope this helps. 🙂

Donna164
Level 1
Mouchan, France

Hi, How do I

completely cancela listing?

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Donna0,

Uhmm, regarding cancelling ur listing, you have to go to ur listing, and then under listing details click edit next to Listing status and then select deactivate then answer the next questions that will be ask.

have a great day. 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jane398

Appreciate you are trying to help but why not do what everyone else does here and join in the wider threads where people ask questions and try and answer them where you have some knowledge of an issue.

Also try not to use text speak, it makes it very difficult for those without good written English to understand.

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Helen3

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you but i believe that the question was how to cancel a listing and not a reservation. Cancelling a listing doesnt incur any penalties. If it was clearly stated that the question is how to cancel a reservation i could have explain the cancellation penalties of a host. There may have had a misunderstanding then. 

Sorry about the text words as im using phone to update. Guess a bad habit.😄 but i believe many people understand those since most are into smartphones nowadays but yah youre right. Will avoid it as much as possible. Thanks. 

Have a good day.! 🙂

Ieva8
Level 1
Boston, United Kingdom

Hi

I have just received the cacelation email from Airbnb. I have not cancelled my reservation, contaced my host and she said she has not cacelled it either but she said she can see there is somebody else down for the dates now. Do you know what could have happened? I still need my accommodation and I am willing to keep it as booked well in advance April 2017and paid in full. Now I have email saying it will be refunded. Is there anybody who runs the site to be contaced or it needs to be resolved between myself and my host?

Thanks a lot

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Ieva8

I'm sorry to hear that your concern has been cancelled. Regarding your that, there may have certain uncontrontrollable reasons why the reservation is being cancelled while i really couldnt say what exactly happened but i would suggest that the best way to know is either to ask your host and or contact Airbnb. You can contact them via the help center. www.airbnb.com/help and hit contact us.

Have a great day.

Niti-and-Ashwani0
Level 8
New Delhi, India

Hi

We are two friends who want to hst an experience. We already have induidual AirBnb accounts. We wish to open a joint account. Please help with the following:

1. Can we upload two different profile photos along with our respective government IDs to get verified?

2. How will we verify both our selfies?

3. Any suggestions from your end on what we should do?

Thank You

Best Regards

Ashwani

Hi @Niti-and-Ashwani0

Good questions! Regarding hosting experience, im sorry to disappoint but im not knowledgeable about experience since im not hosting an experience. I would suggest you contact airbnb about that or reach out other wider thread to check other experience hosts.

With regards to verification, you can upload two different photos as long as the photos are your real picturez.  And u will have to do verification in each account separately. There is no way for airbnb to merge two accounts so if both of u are going to host one of u will be the primary host and the other one will be a co-host. 

I strongly suggest you reach out Airbnb to guide you set up ur experience hosting account.

Have a great day!

Stephen238
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Hello! I'm a new host. I put in a payout method via a bank account but made an error in the last digit of the account. So i made a second one with the correct digit. Now both are with a READY status and I can't find a way to edit and remove the first bank account entry. Its also been set to DEFAULT. The HELP FAQ only offers a Remove Payout Preference for Credit Card accounts. 

May I know how to delete that first account? Many thanks!

Hi @Stephen238

Im sorry to hear your concern. Regarding that, are u using app or computer? I would suggest you use computer for you to see the entire interface of the page.

Go to your payout preference page and from there you will see option to remove your payout method and set the correct one to make it as default.

Hope that helps. Have a great day!

Mike417
Level 1
Nags Head, NC

Hello, I am a host and I was thinking of adding another property to our listings and I was wondering what the maximum number of listings a single host is alloud to have on Airbnb.

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Mike417

Well thats great to hear your adding listing that means more income yah!

Regarding the number of listing, well im not really sure as my friends and family are only hosting few listings although there are a lot of hosts here whom i have seen who are hosting multiple listings like some are having more than 10 listings. To know the exact limit i would suggest you contact Airbnb.

Have a great day 🙂

Pat134
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Hi Jane -

I am a new host and have had two sets of guests.  Both were delighted with their stay and said they were going to provide glowing reviews.  I have not received a review from either set and in conversation with one guest they said they have never received the notice to provide a review.  Is there a way to resent the notice