Fake Listing that AirBNB refuses to take down

Iftikhar0
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Fake Listing that AirBNB refuses to take down

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/39609358?s=67&shared_item_type=1&virality_entry_point=1&sharer_id=51992...

This is a Fake listing of my Holiday Home, been contacted by numerous guests who have paid their deposits . I have contacted AirBNB numerous times to indicate this is a fake listing and should be blocked, with no success, they don't answers their telephones

I am concerned about my families safety should one of these scammed guests approach us...

Appreciate assistance 

Thank you

33 Replies 33

My holiday day home for sale, the scam artiste got  them from the estate agents site online , its definitely not a short term rental home

@Iftikhar0 

it is gone again 🙂

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Iftikhar0 

have you considered getting water marked photos done with your email address on them, although that train has probably let the station if they have photographic images of your property already.

"I'm surprised" no scrap that I'm not surprised that Airbnb has not insisted on water marked photos, explaining to hosts how to protect there intellectual property rights and security against scams.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Wow, it's a beautiful house. Can't see the promised 'indoor fireplace' in the photos though.

House Rules
  • Pets are allowed
  • Smoking is allowed
  • Parties and events are allowed

I'm surprised after reading the house rules that the Airbnb HQ Partay Hoose alert klaxons aren't sounding. Maybe the HQ Sunday staff, aka the Janitor and janitor trainee, are busy having been requisitioned to the partay rapid responders A-Team.  
    Well they are vetting all 17 million listed properties, so should be sorted by December (2020)

On a serious note, even with glaring errors and reporting, the airbnb entrance gates are wide open if this is getting listed, no questions asked.

Iftikhar0
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Fake listing back on...AirBNB simply refuses to take down fake profiles ... can't see how it benefits them they are ruining their name and reputation .. as no guests will gain access to my property via this fake listing

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Iftikhar0  I just flagged it and reported it as a scam.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Iftikhar0 

Any updates yet?

Listing looks live still

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Well @Iftikhar0  you can expect guests this Saturday and then again 14th of December.... I see someone's Christmas and New Year holidays will be a disappointment too, it's booked from December 23 - January 2nd. I feel really sorry for those guests 😞

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Iftikhar0 @Elena87 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Sarah977 @Cormac0 

If they can't manage to successfully take down a single scam listing that has been reported umpteen times, what hope is there for their new "high-risk screening" effort? 

@Susan17  But it's been reported by the homeowner and hosts. That quite obviously doesn't count. Only when the guests arrive and find they have nowhere to stay and report it as a scam will it be removed.

Iftikhar0
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

I saw that ...my concern is for my family when the scammed guests arrive ...AirBNB has no concern for the safety of the owners of houses that have fake listings 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Unbelievable. 

Please tell us again how we hosts are at fault for the inappropriate, "harmful", and also at times criminal activities surrounding (and going on inside) Airbnb's 7 million listings, as per Brian Chesky's attestations to the press, public, and media this past two weeks since the now infamous 'Orinda shootings'?

Iftikhar0
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

I even sent the Help centre the link from where Ayalac the fraudulent host copied my pictures... and they still haven't taken it down.

Cant understand why AirBNB doesn't insist on proof of ownership before listing a property..at minimum the host should provide a Rates and Utility account together with Title deeds to prove ownership 

@Iftikhar0 

Contact Airbnb through Twitter ( search for Airbnb help) and through Facebook. They usually respond in max a few hours.

You can send them a private message but also write them publicly.