False review with false facts

Answered!
Marko21
Level 1
Ljubljana, Slovenia

False review with false facts

Hi! I have been one month to airbnb. How can I react (what can I do) to false review with false (unreal) facts in it? With one of my guests we were working on resolution of problem. We were in contact about it. At last I refunded money to him but he put in a review that he got nothing and that he was betrayed. He put: “Unfortunately this man betrayed us. He only confirmed after midnight of our arrival when we already had to find another AirBnB. We did not spend a single second in his apartment but he charged the full amount for 3 nights! Now, we are waiting for AirBnB to help in this issue. DO NOT STAY HERE! LJUBLJANA HAS MUCH BETTER PLACES!” His review is complete lie which is provable. What can I do? Obviously he was offended by the fact I did not fully meet his proposal to resolve problem (He forgot to cancel 3-day reservation for which I ended my leave and which I accepted after midnight. At last I charged one night). We were in contact to make resolution but he still wrote bad review. Can I react to false review on my airbnb profile?

Kind regards, Marko 

1 Best Answer
America2
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

What you can do is to still write a reply on the public review. It gives you a fighting chance to explain why you have a bad review

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
America2
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

What you can do is to still write a reply on the public review. It gives you a fighting chance to explain why you have a bad review
Irene30
Level 3
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom

Sorry for butting in here but you used to have the opertunity to reply to false reviews but you no longer have this, which i also think is very unfair as I too have had a false review i would like to reply to.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Irene30, it seems that some hosts can, and others can't. Could be a gradual implementation of new system? But, if (and I hope it was) refund was done through Airbnb, they will remove the review if you ask since it is patently false.

Where, to whom from Airbnb I can send message about false review to remove it? I do not have a clue...

My experience as a host is that patently false reviews by guests are now fair game on Airbnb, content policy be damned!

Thanks for hint! I wrote reply and explained what happened 🙂

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Another thing, @Marko21, is that you can flag the review. That might help get it noticed. Go to your profile and click on the flag at the end of that review. But do what the others recommend as well.

Hi I just tried to flag a review but I can still see the review. any idea?

My guest broke the balcony door and now when he has been asked to pay for it, he is creating stories and threatening me about false reviews on airbnb.

How do I react to such guests?

Liz582
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am in a similar position  this is blackmail. So far airbnb support has not been helpful

Feedback extortion is not allowed;  call or message support.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

HI @Marko21

Actually I disagree with other posters here. My understanding is that disputes can't be mentioned in reviews.

I would call BNB now (contacts 1st post Community Help forum) and ask them to remove it.

Hi Guys we have had our first ever terrible review  the guest had made completly false accusation and statements and have no idea why this happened. i have responded to all his false accustions have photo logs to prove guest is lying have responded but feel that is not enough when us like alot of other hosts work our buts off to provide great accomadation. in the last few days we have had prevoius guests messaging also dissapointed with the review we have been left. is there anything we can do to remove these horrible false reviews? 

How did things turn out? To me, it sounds like someone was trying to scam you. I'm up against this myself; patently false claims were made so that the woman could demand (extort!) one night's pay. 

I just read in another part of the forum where seasoned airbnb folks dumped all over a woman who wrote an honest reply to a very bad review. Said she should have been all "Gee, I'm so sorry our views conflict."  Being polite doesn't sound like the way to deal with scammers.  Luckily, in a way, my scammer called me at home this morning, so maybe my reporting that will cause her to finally "go away."  there's a clause about "unwanted contact;" I'd blocked her on the airbnb website, so she call my personal line. And by the way, she didn't even stay here. A third party did; she claims he's her husband but gosh... can't the man talk for himself?  You get the picture. She follows all the patterns of experienced scammers, and is tenacious like the bull dog she's being.