Feedback on my listing

Vali5
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Feedback on my listing

Hi all,

Would you be so kind to provide me with some feedback on my listing? I started a couple of weeks ago and was initially very succesful in securing reservations, but recently (2 weeks) haven't gotten any request yet. Any ideas/feedback? It would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

Vali

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Vali5 - From looking at your listing, nothing jumps out as being 'wrong'. Good lighting, clutter-free, nicely furnished and some decent reviews too. Is your business 'seasonal', and have you checked your prices versus the competition (and local hotels)?

Vali5
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Hi Gordon & Jorge, many thanks for taking the time to look at my listing! Pricingwise the listing is mid/high-range, however I might not be able to compete with in this category as I only have 7 reviews and no super-host status (yet). I will do some more research on the pricing and adjust it accordingly. However, if I allow Airbnb to determine the price (smart price) or copy all the price tips I think it is way too low.

Would you rather price high and provide quite some discounts for longer stays and bookings in advance or try to provide lower prices for each night (I want to avoid one-night stays even though Airbnb says that in my area over 30% are one-night stays). 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Early on in my Airbnb 'career' I probably started with ten discounted rentals, I then slowly put my prices up to a place where comfortable. I offer a three night minimum, but that is suited to the London market. Forget Airbnb tips (nobody takes any notice of these) but do make sure you're not straying into hotel prices. 

@Vali Welcome to the wonderful (and sometimes crazy) world of hosting! The listing looks pretty good! Photos are always a key element of a good listing (maybe you could add a video too, so potential guests get a full 360-degree view of your place?)

How are you marketing your rental? Does it stand out from the competition? Any niche markets you can tap into? Can you add value with a few special touches or offer experiences that might appeal to your target crowd? E.g. food and drink, partnering with local attractions, etc? I'm a fan of really giving some thought to my marketing strategy and found this helpful as it's quite comprehensive

https://www.airgms.com/vacation-rental-marketing/

might be worth a look?

Best wishes with your rental x