Forgot Password - No longer Access to Email address

Forgot Password - No longer Access to Email address

Hi Guys, I sign into Airbnb via Facebook so I never use a password to sign in. I want to update my email address as no longer have access to the one on file now. When I go to update, its prompts me to enter a password. It won't accept my Facebook one, I don't have access to the previous email so can't reset either. What are my options here team? Can I reset using my mobile phone? 

Any help appreciated

PS Does Airbnb no longer have a live chat assistance or help email of some description anymore? Went around in circles trying to find one

Thanks Damien

53 Replies 53
Sia10
Level 1
Park City, UT

I have this same problem. Anyone have an answer??

Hi, I know how to resolve this issue!

Call airbnb and verify yourself, they will ask about 10 questions!

Then explain this issue and ask them to help you reset your account password. They will ask for the new email address to send the temporary password to.

Once you receive that temporary password, login using the old email id and the temporary password!

Then go to account settings and click on change password.

Enter the temporary password under the "current password" and enter and confirm the new password.

Once that is done, you can scroll down, click on edit email address. Enter the new one and it will ask you to enter the password for your airbnb account, you enter the password you just set, and its done!

No, they did not want to ask any question besides my personal ID. then told me to blow out my account and create a new one. mind blogging! 

Nichola503
Level 2
Vienne, France

Im in the same boat, how do I change my email address.....so frustrating they could text me a code!!!!

This worked for me. I also forgot the password and had no email access https://airbnbase.com/change-email-forgot-password-no-longer-access-to-old-email/

Yes!  The steps in this article work the best and no need to deal with AirBnB's terrible Customer support!!

Michael5253
Level 1
Byron Bay, Australia

Same issue... No access to old email and forgotten password.... Airbnb have absolutely NO help for you. Even with all of their verifications, you basically have will not get it back unless you can access the email address that you no longer have access for. Yup, insane. 

Sandra4898
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Hi all, my friend has similar issue, he is no longer again using his phone number, and airbnb sent verification code to that number, as addition to his email address. Anyone can help him please? Thanks