Friday / Saturday booking as a 2-day reservation

Stuart11
Level 2
Stockbridge, MA

Friday / Saturday booking as a 2-day reservation

I only want guests to be able to book weekends as a Friday/Saturday reservation, not Thursday/Friday, or Saturday/Sunday. I have the 2-day minimum set, but that does not stop guests from "instant booking" Thurs/Fri or Sat/Sun.

So, I turned "instant book" off, as the Airbnb rep said there was no way to ensure Friday/Saturday reservations with it on.

Any thoughts ?

28 Replies 28
Rich103
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Did anyone resolve this “weekend splitting” problem? 

Sara-and-Ian0
Level 4
Kinsale, Ireland

Any further resolutions on this weekend splitting? I'm still stuck!

How about minimum 2 night stay on Fridays and no check-in on Saturdays. I have it set up like that right now. I assume if someone was to book Thursday they can't book to 2 nights to Saturday because then it won't be under minimum 2 night stay for Friday requirement. 

Nush1,

Unfortunately, that woudn't prevent someone from checking in Thursday and checking out Saturday, as your 2-night minimum stay for Friday would be satisfied by Thursday and Friday nights.  

Airbnb, I have these same needs. 

(1) Please make a setting that prohibits checking out on certain days, such as "block checkout on X day of the week" or "only allow checkout on X,Y,Z days of the week."  It seems that would be very simple to program.

(2) Please also make a setting that specifies which days of the week must be booked together (e.g. "if X then Y" AND "if Y then X", or "X and Y cannot be split")?  

Note: I *would* be willing to make an exception to the above rules and let someone check out on a Satuday, *as long as* it were a 3-day minimum booking (I would usually make more $ for a Wed & Thurs combined as I would for a Saturday).  So if you were getting fancy, perhaps you could consider making a conditional setting like "only split X&Y if condition 'Z minimum number of days' is met".

Thanks!

You may try the rule-sets in multicalendar, it works well for me.

IMG_20190609_002710.png

IMG_20190609_002810.png

This sounds like a great feature, but I don't have a multi-calendar screen.

Sarika9
Level 2
Chgo, IL

Any luck with this anyone or updates with splitting weekends? When a guest wants to stay mon to fri to take advantage of lesser rates it takes revenue away from 2 weekends. 

James2272
Level 2
Nashville, TN

It’s truly senseless that this is not an easy booking requirement to put in place. It’s very obvious that hosts don’t want to book one day without the other. I didn’t want to turn off instant bookings cause that will hurt your rankings and visibility. What I did is I made Thursday bookings a minimum of 3 days and I made Saturday check ins not possible. I have a two night minimum booking. That doesn’t completely solve the problem but it’s the best I could do. 

Does that prevent someone from booking a Friday through the next Thursday? Someone who wants the weekend before their seminar?

Could someone book W, Th, Fr and then no one able to book Saturday?

~ Jared
Beth188
Level 2
Orange, TX

Has there been a resolution to this problem? -Beth

Nope. Just put specifics for your booking requirements clearly in your description and that should help you if someone books incorrectly

Thanks, James. This has been my method; however, it remains an issue. Hopefully the platform will offer this feature in the future. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Stuart11. go through and block the other days ?