Greece - Which amount to declare to the greek tax authority?

Samy24
Level 1
Brussels, Belgium

Greece - Which amount to declare to the greek tax authority?

Hello,

I have a property in greece that I rent out on airbnb as an individual (not as a company) and I know I have to declare the revenues on TaxisNet (GSIS). I am not sure which amount I should declare though. Lets take an example:

Lets imagine that the a guest stays for 5 nights and the price per night is 50 euros per night. In addition I charge 20 euros cleaning fee. This totals 270 euros. As airbnb charges me 3% my total revenues are of 261.9. WHich amount should I declare on taxisNet? 250? 270? 261.9? or 250*97%?

As what about if I have a co-host? does that change the amount I have to declare as revenues? What is the calculation?

Thank you for enlightening me on this question.

Kind regards,

Samy

8 Replies 8
Milan43
Level 2
Singapore

Very valid question, that interests many of us. I hope somepne competent can answer. 

@Samy24  and @Milan43  you should declare 270€ according to instructions given by the Greek Independant Fiscal Authority.The Co-host payment is illegal, unless it is a company or individual that can issue an official receipt of given services.

Julia769
Level 2
Athens, Greece

I just made my declaratin... According to my CPA the new rues for private people are as follows:

15% up to 12.000 Euro

35% for everything more that 12.000

45% for eveything more than 35k (or45... I amnot sure)

but what is "Everything".... well.... it is everything.... So in your case the 270,00 Euro. No deduction at all!!!

It is not worth doing it as a private person any longer. This is what they wanted to do. You can´t deduct anything, you have to register evry guest in advance, and you can rent out your place only for 90 days (or 60 days in smaller cities and Islands)

Dear Julia,

where do I register the guests in advance in advance, on which website? . This is my first year as Airbnb host. 

Thank you 

Alexandra Parkins

@Alexandra809 do you have an airbnb home in Greece? If so, you dont need to register in advance ,but till the 20 of the next month after the check-out day.

@Julia769 δεν υπάρχει κανένας περιορισμός σε ημερες, σε αριθμό ακινητων ανα ΑΦΜ κλπ.

Hello there..I am a new host and till now I was declaring the total amount agreed with the guest(plus the commissions)..I just changed my pricing police and put weekly and monthly discounts..I noticed that Airbnb is taking commission based on the price with discount. Ex if I have a nightly price of 45 Euros and the guest is coming for 1 night the total agreed amount is 45 Euros but with a non refundable discount of 10% he is gonna pay 40,50  and the commission and vat is based on the later price...so which amount should I declare..45,00 or 40,50?

@Chrysoula2 
Καλησπέρα σας,αν θέλετε κάντε την ερώτηση στο "διαδικασία ενοικίασης στην Ελλαδα" που θα γραψετε στο search.Αν μπορείτε ,βάλτε και screen shot γia να γίνει καλύτερα αντιληπτό.