Guest Cancellation

Yekta-Zak0
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Guest Cancellation

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are doing well, i had an issue with a guest today.

Today we had an appointment to do the check in, he came and he started to complain about many things... he was looking small details, if the sheet was clean, if is there spare sheet for the coach, i left some food into the fridge etc...

I managed everything as he asked and finaly he decided to cancel and asking me for refund... What should i do why this situation ? This is the 1st time that i put my apartment on rent and it's already a tricky experience.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Zak

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yekta-Zak0

he knew he will not stay because obviously his planes have changed but he decided to check in anyway and to try to find a reason for cancellation with full refund. When he didn't find any he canceled and asked for a refund.

You have no obligation to refund him. You didn't even got your payment yet. Just tell him he will be refunded by Airbnb according to your cancellation policy .

But..

it would be good if you make photos and video of your apartment ASAP just to prove everything was ready to host him. Also, it would be good idea to contact Airbnb and tell them what happend (guest checked in, looked arround ,tried to find a reason for a refund, didn't find anything wrong , then cancelled and asked for a refund) . You can also attach your date stamped photos to prove everything was clean and ready for him.

Good luck

Salem2
Level 10
Al Hadd, Oman

@Yekta-Zak0 

In this case the best thing to do is let Airbnb resolve the issue. Perhaps the guest was unhappy on arrival or they had other plans, either way they changed their mind.

Do not cancel the booking yourself, if the guest does not want to check in they will have to cancel the reservation themselves. If they request a refund they will have to make a claim, based on the claim Airbnb will put you in touch with a case manger to resolve the issue.

If all goes well and there was no significant problem they should adhere to your cancellation policy. Don’t feel obligated to refund unless there is a real issue.