Guest Payments to AirBnb

Guest Payments to AirBnb

Hi, 

My guest wants to know when the balance of their payment is due. How Do I find this out please?

Leigh

13 Replies 13
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Leigh87,

As guests don't pay the host, they pay Airbnb, point out to the guest that all payment issues are a matter for them to discuss with Airbnb. You could mention that Airbnb has their money and doesn't pay the host until after checkin. There's a contact link for Airbnb support in the reservation confirmation email that guests receive.

If the guest availed of the pay less upfront option, whereby they pay Airbnb 50% at the time of making the reservation and 50% later, the payment page will have displayed the payment schedule when they were about to make the reservation.

For your own information, the remaining balance will be charged to their original payment method a few days before checkin.

Steve.

Bill322
Level 1
Saint Louis, MO

Question for fellow renters/travelers:  I used the split payment option for an upcoming rental. AirBnB withdrew half of the rental cost a few months back. Yesterday, the company withdrew the balance from my account without notifying me by email first.  Is this common? There was enough money in my account to pay the balance, but what if there hadn't been? What if my mortgage payment had bounced because AirBnB withdrew money without a warning?

@Bill322 You would have been advised as to when the second payment would be charged when you booked. It's up to you to make note of that.

Chantal421
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

who do i speak to at airbnb if i need an extention on the balance for my stay ?

Kevin980
Level 2
Kilcock, Ireland

i booked back in August for place to stay in this May and paid my deposit. when do i pay the balance and do Airbnb e mail me as i am worried i will forget and miss deadline

thanks in advance

kevin

any help please

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Kevin980 Balance payments I believe are around 10 days prior to your checkin date, payment is made using the card you used for the deposit, If the card is no longer valid you'll get an e-mail asking you to pay by another method. If you don't pay the balance, the booking is cancelled.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1696/pay-less-upfront-terms

ok thanks as long as they contact me

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kevin980  I believe they will just take it out of your account when the date rolls around. I've never been a guest, but I should think that the second payment date might be listed on your original reservation or somewhere on your account. If you can't find it, just call Airbnb.

sarah do you have a contact number/mail for Airbnb as that was my first port of call but i couldn't find anything 

@Kevin980  There is a huge pinned post halfway down the first page of this Help Forum that lists the ways to contact Airbnb. I don't know how everyone manages to miss it 🙂 Also a simple Google search will come up with the info. 

believe it or not this is 1st time i have come on here, a nd 1st time using the community page, and i must admit i never checked this for contacts as i presumed that would all be on the home page

@Sarah977

I have already posted my question on the Communication forum. But as it is about guests payment - I am going to add it another time here, as I need advice.

I have now guests - booked for 2 guests for 7 days. Yesterday they asked for one more duvet as a relative of theirs is going to stay for only 2 out of the 7 days they booked. The guests are willing to pay for the 2 nights of the third guest but I do not know how to ask that money. When I tried to change the reservation - I had the answer that I cannot add more guests as the booking has started. And I cannot make a change for only 2 nights out of 7...

Shall I ask the money through the Resolution center?