Guest has messaged me telling me she cannot scan her passport for a booking in a weeks time ?

Answered!
Iain16
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Guest has messaged me telling me she cannot scan her passport for a booking in a weeks time ?

guest wants to make a booking and she replied saying " Hie Ian am trying to book via airbnb but it's refusing to scan my passport how best can I book an alternative " 

what is the alterantive for her ? should she copy her Passport and then scan it rather than a live Passport?  Please need help 

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Iain16 Even a clear photo of an ID/passport is enough, so I am not sure what your guest is up to. It doesn't have to be a scan.

Maybe your guest is suggesting that they want to book outside Airbnb? Then read the rules on that (forbidden).

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Iain16 Even a clear photo of an ID/passport is enough, so I am not sure what your guest is up to. It doesn't have to be a scan.

Maybe your guest is suggesting that they want to book outside Airbnb? Then read the rules on that (forbidden).

Iain16
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

@Marzena4 Thank you for your reply to this : I dont know actually what is happened with her - but I saw  that she had 3  verified aprovals and now has 4 - so maybe she did get in and got it scanned. I do remember I also had issues but cant remember how I resolved it but I did.

No way I will ever entertain somebody booking out of Airbnb Platform - they must books online ONLY (how would the get my address and cell number ?) 

thanks a lot - appreciate your input.........

regards

Iain 

@Iain16 Sometimes Airbnb's 'scanner' may encounter a problem. 

Btw, you've got nice place and the bed is big. Why don't you change your settings to accept 2 guests? 

Iain16
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

hey there firstly the guest did book and all paid for anD is coming on the 1st October - thank you so much for you assistance in the Scanning drama !! 

2nd - thank you so much for your comment on my apartment - I did the renovations ( not physcally but sourced everything and project managed it). The bedroom is quite small and 2 people could not be comfortable there as there is just a walking space around the bed. it may be ok for people coming from Europe but generally South african guests expect bigger rooms for 2 people.  The other reaon is I live alone and would rather not have more people in my apartment than myself. 2 poeple around is fine for the size - 3 is a crowd. It is off season now and maybe will increase to 2 in the summer months but let us see how it goes. Thank you for you assistance and all the best to you for the future in everything you may do  !