Guest not informing us of a pet

Wayne121
Level 1
San Marcos, TX

Guest not informing us of a pet

We recently found an unannounced dog in our unit. The guest has been very friendly and is here for one more night so we don't want to stir up any hard feelings. Please let me know if anyone has any better suggestions for this kind of a situation. Here's the message we are planning on sending him:

Hi Robert,
We brought yall some fresh towels and met your K9 family member. We know this is your first time using Airbnb and realize you may have missed it in the house rules, but we charge $25/night per dog and request they be kenneled when you leave. Our white dog is very friendly with people but is extremely territorial when it comes to other dogs. The last thing we want to happen is for something to happen to either one of our fur babies. So don't worry we will be taking him out the front and keeping the doggy door shut. We do a super intensive cleaning after a dog has been in the Barndo and that's why we have a pet fee. We don't want to slam you with an unexpected $75 pet fee but wanted to see how you would like to address this.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Wayne121   Have you had much experience with guests bringing a dog having gained your permission or do most guests leave their dog behind?  I ask this because while you certainly do clearly spell out the fee for a pet, I wonder if most guests read all the rules carefully since there is a great deal of verbiage.  I think your message is well-crafted and professional.