Guest wants to amend 3 night stay in April to 3 nights in August, but at April price!

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Guest wants to amend 3 night stay in April to 3 nights in August, but at April price!

Our Guest originally booked a 3 night stay for late April 2019, and we both have corresponded (via Airbnb) about their forthcoming holiday.   A few days ago however, we received a request (via Airbnb) to change their stay from the April dates to 3 nights in August 2019, and on the face of things, that wouldn't have been a problem, although when we eventually were able to see the request, we discovered that rather than our prices for August, Airbnb had marginally increased the prices (by £0.96) the Guest was already due to pay for their April stay!

Although our initial reply to the request had to be sent by email (due to Airbnb having completely blocked access to my account pages, including emails etc, until I had read and agreed to their repalcement Terms & Conditions, Privacy Terms and other documents  -  all of which took me a solid 2 days to read through!) I had advised in that email that whilst we had no objection to a change of dates, the price for a stay in August would be at that rate (and I also advised the Guest what price the bookings both before and after the nights they wanted, had been.

What I need to know, is is it right that a Guest can change the dates of a stay from a Spring rate period to a High Summer rate period, but still pay the price for the Spring rate? and also whether, apart from advising the Guest that I could not provide the 3 nights for such a low rate, it would be best just to make my comments but NOT click on the "Decline" button?  Thank you.

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Firstly @John2406  I take my hat off to you for actually reading the new ToS.

If a guest asks to move a booking it should be at the price displayed on the new dates.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1498/why-did-my-payout-amount-change-after-a-guest-changed-the...

John, be aware that a reservation alteration is treated as a new booking, If you accept this change your guest can cancel within 48hrs and get a full refund.

You don't get dinged for declining an alteration request

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2389/can-i-decline-an-alteration-request