Guest wants to change a reservation after checking in

Deen0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Guest wants to change a reservation after checking in

My guest had already checked in, altered her reservation to be four days shorter than planned.  I am out of town, have given responsiblity to a close friend, but no one could change the place over to make room for any last minute bookings, so I'd be screwed.

She was not satisfied with the cleanliness of the bathroom.  I found it to be fine, had cleaned thoroughly the day before, but regardless, that's her perogative, and that's okay.  Also, the building changed door codes during her stay, another inconvience.

She is my first guest.  I want her to be happy.  I wouldn't issue her a refund, but since these things happened, I am considering it.  She didn't give me a good reason for shorting her stay, but I am more concerned with guest satisfaction at the moment.  Thoughts from the community?

1 Reply 1
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Deen0

In very few occasions I will not side with the guest… I want them comfortable and happy…
If she is not satisfied with the house and wants to leave early I would not hold her back and would refund her ACCORDINLY with your cancelation policy …

I know this is your first guest… But having a paying guest is not the same as have a friend or a family member, usually they require a better than average cleaning… Be prepared at all times for last minute check-ins and early check-outs… Have a backup plan in case the first option fails…
Just in case I have 3 people I can call and make it happen at our houses… at any time any day…Luckily the 1st one screwed only 1 time and she took care of it before I had to call the 2 nd…
Friends are not always the best option for this; if something goes bad you will get a bad review and loose a friendship…

Luis