Guests consume alcohol

Sue-Virginia1
Level 3
Kooyong, Australia

Guests consume alcohol

Hi All,

What do you recommend if a person staying with you wants to drink grog in his bedroom? what rules do you have ?

10 Replies 10
Fiona-and-David0
Level 2
Central Visayas, Philippines

We are a holiday destination so if they want to drink they are able to drink anywhere in our house. If they became difficult I would discuss it with them. So far no problems and frankly I most probably drink more than all our guests combined : ) 

Agreed. It is not mentioned in my house rules either and I am in a holiday destination as well. Most of my guests leave empties and a few leave fullies. Makes cleaning a little more rewarding!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If they leave full bottles of something I will drink all is good.

David
Colleen99
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

Hi - Just wondered if AirBnB have any policy regarding guests who bring alcohol and consume it in the bedroom.  I am not a wowser but  think it would be polite/good manners/courtesy to ask if it is okay first.    Just worried about irresponsible consumption in the bedrooom and cleaning up any mess/stains/spillings afterwards.....

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Colleen99

airbnb does not have any policy on how guests should behave in the bedroom inside your property.  That is entirely up to you to determine. Any special rules must be disclosed in your listing, your house rules and also in your welcome message.

@Sue-Virginia1

I wouldn't mind at all. As hosts, Henry and I also enjoy the occasional beer or drink at home with meals or while watching a movie. We would not consider it a problem if guests wanted to consume alcohol at home, but we would expect a certain level of moderation so they are not inebriated. To be totally honest, Henry and I probably drink more than most of our guests 🙂 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Begs the question why a Booking system would have a policy on this?

David
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I don't see a ploblem at all as long they respect you and them self unless you personally fine it a ploblem then there's nothing no one can do for you is up to you now plus the rules

Julie1525
Level 4
Mabton, WA

i'm wrestling with this as well. We live in wine country. most guests come for the wine tasting. I'm not opposed to the wine because the tours and tastings seem to draw a different kind of guests than those who want drink hard alcohol. we don't consume any alcohol, and i really don't want hard liquor in my house. someone told me that i can't prevent what they drink in my own home. Don't i have the right to have ahouse rule specifying that?

Sue-Virginia1
Level 3
Kooyong, Australia

I tell my guests if they want to drink to come and have it with me in my lounge room....  but if they have seperate facilities you cannot stop them ! They r not children !!