HOW TO "All Instant Book hosts can cancel penalty-free if they are UNCOMFORTABLE with a reservation"

Mikko3
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

HOW TO "All Instant Book hosts can cancel penalty-free if they are UNCOMFORTABLE with a reservation"

- Can I cancel an already booked Instant booking if we cannot get any info of the guest? Guest has just joined ABB and has no reviews, just name and government ID, and would travel with 2 guests who are not in ABB (no info of them).

Feeling uncomfortable. Can you help?

5 Replies 5

@Mikko3   I tried cancelling someone once and a message popped up about penalties even though was my first cancellation on instant book. Better to contact Airbnb and have them cancel or you may be penalized. 

When I read the title of this discussion, I thought @Mikko3 was writing a "How To" guide to help hosts who wanted to do the penalty-free cancellations...

Yes, as @Ange2 has said the best thing to do is to contact AirBnB support and tell them what you are trying to accomplish. They can best ensure that your cancellation is penalty-free.

Mikko3
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Hi, Thanks for the replies @Matthew285 and @Ange2 ! This was my plan, in this force majeur situation to cancel (our child got very sick, and cannot host at our home).
Now, I have next question - I try to contact straight ABB but cannot find any straight customer service address or any button how to contact them! I am all the time directed to help pages (which I've read trough 100 times already), but only customer service could help.
Can you help, thanks in advance!

@Mikko3

On your Help page, near the bottom right is a "Contact us" button.
Or you can use this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Once you are on the "Contact us" page, choose "Its something else"

This will give you the choice to either exchange messages with AirBnB or to speak to someone on the phone.

Mikko3
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Thanks a bunch @Matthew285 very friendly of you! As you might know, these ABB pages are not the most staright forward to find info 🙂