Has anyone used Airsorted?

Rana1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Has anyone used Airsorted?

I can't find whether Airsorted is a partner of Airbnb or not? Has anybody used them? Would you recommend it?

108 Replies 108
Rupert18
Level 1
Bath, United Kingdom

Airsorted took on the management of my property in Bath and provided little to no management. The final straw was when I had to drive from Oxford to Bath as there was no cleaning or house set-up provided for the incoming guests. I tried to speak (I made over 10 calls) to my account manager, their branch office and the head office and no one was able to provide any information about what was going on or what procedures were in place to support. Airsorted then charged me both the cleaning and management fee for this booking! They also refused to acknowledge the inconvenience and cost to me of driving from Oxford to Bath to set up the house.

Barry-L0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Don’t use them . The owner is an internet whizzkid good at marketing. End of . They have great backing so have received lots of money.

Paul1073
Level 2
Darlinghurst, Australia

I  totally agree with  you Barry.   Great marketing.   End of!!!!  Useless managers.  In fact, quite dangerous since it exposes home owners to a bad  tenant experience with no  come back.

Paul1073
Level 2
Darlinghurst, Australia

They seem to upset so many home owners it defies belief that they are  still in business.  Our property  is a short walk  to their "office" in Sydney.  So I  visited them.  They in fact  only rent a desk  in  an office!  I  call them AirRorted!  As  a result of their  lack of  management during  my absence overseas I  suffered considerable damage  to my home and  they  gave  that guest a five star review!  Need  I say more.  

Michael2509
Level 2
New York, NY

i rented for two months via vrbo/homeaway. the flat was managed by AIRSORTED, and they were incompetent. they did not understand the interface with vrbo, misquoted prices several times, spoke untruths to the owner, were officious and rude with me. they dont give their names, dont speak with each other on ‘the team’, pander and mislead. they never saw the flat. they regularly misled the owner, who eventually forced them to rebate 210 pounds to me for their terrible service. stay away. 

Jill414
Level 1
Bergen, Norway

We are currently renting a place in Perth that turned out to be run through Airsorted, and are NOT having a good experience. Two of the bedroom AC units didn't work, the recycling bin was full of rubbish (not recycling) on the curb, and the contact person was in another state so had no idea what recycling bins even look like in WA. They said three times they would contact the host to get the AC fixed but after three days we have heard nothing. Luckily we found an outdoor fuse box and outdoor switches and were able to figure out the AC, but honestly, we are paying over $500 (!) for this place and for basic stuff to not work and for nobody to be able to drop by and help is pretty bad. This is stuff that should have been checked before we arrived and obviously wasn't. 

Daniel782
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rana0 and all on this thread,

My name’s Daniel – I look after the Operations team at Airsorted and I also use Airsorted myself, as a host.

I’m going to try to reply to some of the points on this thread as honestly as possible, and clear up a few misconceptions about Airsorted and the service we provide for our hosts.

Firstly, host management services like Airsorted are, at their heart, all about human interaction.

Account managers, cleaners, guests, hosts, linen delivery drivers, handymen… these are all people, and while we can (and do) put processes in place to limit problems arising, we can’t entirely prevent human error without making our service inflexible for hosts, and impersonal for guests. A few people have asked if there are alternative services out there, and there are – but they all have a similarly ‘small but possible’ chance of human error impacting a host’s experience. 

To those of you commenting on this thread who have had a negative experience with us, I am truly sorry you’ve felt let down by our service. While this doesn’t fix your past experience, I’d like to reassure you that this isn’t the norm, and the vast majority of the 1,000s of hosts we work with worldwide are satisfied with our service.

I’d also like to mention that we’ve done loads to improve our service over the last few years. Many of the issues mentioned further back in this thread have, thankfully, now been addressed and/or resolved. Here are a few examples:

1. Quality cleans: We’ve created a housekeeping app to make it quicker and easier for cleaners to respond and report on their cleans. Guests can now rate cleans upon their arrival, helping us to quickly resolve issues and prevent them happening in future. We’ve also introduced a Cleaner Rewards programme to motivate and incentivise cleaners and a comprehensive cleaner training video.
  2. Guest communications: Airbox, our platform for messaging guests, is now running seven times faster than it was a year ago, thanks to upgrades from our tech team, meaning faster responses and more satisfied guests. Plus, our Guest Support Team is now available 24/7, and aim to respond to 90% of all guest messages in 30 minutes or less.

3. Transparency: The host dashboard (where hosts can – if they want to – see their earnings and bookings, update their property’s availability, and contact their account manager) has been hugely improved. Hosts can now get a full breakdown of costs, export earnings info, see guest reviews, schedule upcoming cleans.

We do genuinely care a great deal about ensuring our hosts have positive experiences with us.

If you’ve read this far, thanks for your time!

All the best,

Daniel

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Paul1073
Level 2
Darlinghurst, Australia

Hi Daniel - I  regret  to say that your organisation showed zero interest  in my complaints to them last  summer in Sydney Australia.  You can read  my comments.  I was  absolutely appalled at the way in which I was treated.  I remain appalled that you use  a  name and logo that is so similar to that of  Airbnb that  it is  very  misleading to hosts.   It surprises  me that  Airbnb have taken no action against you in this regard.  How can you presume to  call  yourself managers when  you merely rely on the cleaners to inspect the apartment  post a guest.  It requires the skills of a MANAGER  to  do this.  Many of us have invested a  great deal of  money in  our homes  that we share  and they deserve  to be  better managed than the service that you offer  at  considerable expense to owners.

Paul1073
Level 2
Darlinghurst, Australia

Despite your protestations to the contrary, Daniel.  AirSorted have never responded to my litany of complaints against your Sydney operation.  Almost a year has passed and nobody has ever apologised nor taken responsibility for the damge I suffered as a result of your poor management skills.  If you are genuine - take responsibility!

Paul1073
Level 2
Darlinghurst, Australia

Airsorted is definitely not a partner of  AIrbnb and I find that their logo and name  is  very misleading.  We used them  last summer and their performance was nothing short of appalling.  They take no responsibility for their lack of professionalism.  They gave an  outgoing guest a five star review when in fact he was a  chronic alcoholic and did  considerable damage in my home.  He actually logged  his  intake  of alcohol in a notebook  that I found some months after  his departure.  I discovered that Airsorted use their cleaners to check the outgoing tenant.  As I told them - their cleaners were not even good cleaners.  They   are certainly not  qualified to act as property managers!  They do not actually have a proper office in the many cities they claim to  be.  They rent desk space in an office!  They told me that it  would not have been economically vialble to send in  a manager to check the apartment at  each departure.  So why would we be  paying them such extortionate  commissions?  Sadly - I do not have one positive comment to make about this organisation .  If  you consign  your property to them in  your absence you do  so at  your own risk  since they take zero responsibility for  their  lack  of  good  management.

Philippa50
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Have recently booked as guest:  they failed to answer my request for extension completely (resulting in muddle). So, zero for communication.

On booking  I was depressed by the formulaic questionaire preremptorily phrased as to why I wanted to be in Edinburgh, when I had already explained in my original request to 'Katie' why we were going. Whole feel of transaction made you feel like an ill-behaved teenager. Feel it would be helpful if properties managed by the likes of Airsorted were marked as such on the web, so that the myth of there being a helpful owner at hand was exploded right from the start.

Having written the above before we made the trip: here is the afterward.

Strict instructions to double lock at street and flat level: flat level double lock not working, plus the door handle about to detach from the door - which could have been very tricky.

Good point: flat was very clean. However no one obviously goes and checks the property - as an owner would. Broken chair, broken table, broken lamp.....Quite large mice. I do realise that mice are difficult to get rid of in cities, but I'm not sure anyone had noticed or knew about them. That is the problem.

Airsorted sent a handyman to mend door handle and he offered to leave humane mouse traps around the flat, but really didn't want to deal with them over holiday w/e, so declined offer.

All the time - irritating messages from the completely anonymous  'Katie' s support Team' - Did we find it clean, Were we enjoying ourselves, Don't forget to check out at 11.0 (£50 fine for not doing so).

Feel strongly that these very impersonal managed flats go completely against the whole ethos of Airbnb - and should be marked as such,  but maybe it is now too big and successful to care?

Janelle49
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Airsorted Australia have single handedly stuffed our Airbnb. We’ve had complaints by guests about cleaning and communication they are s joke.  Would not recommend.

Hi Janelle,

Who do you deal with there? I use them, have had some issues, would like to compare notes if
you are interested?

Kim946
Level 1
Rathmines, Ireland

Went with them in Dublin quiet recently.  Would not reccomend them at all.  Poor customer care, basically from what I gather the cleaners do everything.  When guests try to contact them if there is an issue everything seems to filter through the London office, so your guests get messed around and you get bad reviews.