Help! I can’t get any answers from Airbnb support

Candice186
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Help! I can’t get any answers from Airbnb support

Hi! I have been hosting for 7 months and mostly have had a good experience and lovely guests. I had a problem with my last guests and have not been able to get any clear answers or support from Airbnb. So looking here for help and advice. Here is the situation:

The guests snuck in a dog when I have a clear no pet policy. I have a video of the guests hiding the dog under clothes and covering our ring doorbell with their hand. When my cleaner went to the house she found dog hair over all furniture, a spot of dog pee, and a weird smell in the house. In order to get the house back to clean condition, it required a deep clean and a lot of extra time. I charged the guest extra services for this. The guest declined paying the extra fee claiming it is an emotional support dog and I am discriminating against her. At no time before discovering the house needed extra cleaning did I have any knowledge of her having a support dog. In addition to the dog, they also had 5 guests instead of the 4 they made the reservation for. 4 people is the max number of guests I can host per my rental permit. This max number of 4 is also clear in my house rules. I have reached out to airbnb for support and have gotten responses only saying that someone will be in touch with me. Or a message saying they are here to help and answer questions. One person wrote to me saying I have a warning on my account for discrimination. When I try to respond to anyone to get clarification or ask questions, I don’t get any answers back. I have tried to call and only an told they will leave a message for the person handling my account to get back to me. No surprise, nobody calls me back. So, I feel totally helpless and violated. I have been trying to get help from Airbnb for 5 days now. I don’t know what to do. I’m about to just give up as I can’t keep spending time and energy on this, and I feel like this has all been completely unfair. 

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Candice186 

Sorry this happened to you and sorry no one here responded. Did you manage to get any help from Airbnb CS yet?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Candice186, I was just wondering whether you were able to speak with Airbnb about this? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen