Help naming my Bed and Breakfast

Answered!
Sapphire0
Level 1
Marton, NZ

Help naming my Bed and Breakfast

Hi everyone 🙂

I'm looking for some advice for the name of my future bed and breakfast.

The house is a small two bedroom cottage in a small village (if you'd even class it that) called Rata in the New Zealand countryside.

What do you think of the following names:

Rata Cottage
Little Rata Cottage
Rata Retreat
Country Heart Cottage

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sapphire

1 Best Answer
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra Sapphire 🙂 

I can’t wait to see some photos, is it possible to share a couple here? Is it a Bach? 

Rata is my my favourite tree I like the sound of Rata Retreat 😉 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra Sapphire 🙂 

I can’t wait to see some photos, is it possible to share a couple here? Is it a Bach? 

Rata is my my favourite tree I like the sound of Rata Retreat 😉 

Hi Ria 🙂

I am moving into the house next weekend but have a long road ahead of me with renovations!

It is just a little two bedroom country cottage situated just off the main highway, so hopefully a great place for guests travelling along SH1 from Wellington to Taupo/Auckland. I would be happy to share some photos once we have moved in, but like I said, it has a lot of work to be done! But a great challenge nonetheless.

To be honest I actually didn't know what a rata tree looked like until I researched the name - but yes, they are stunning!

Thanks for your feedback.

Sapphire

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Sapphire0Heh you have to plant one now 🙂 All the very best on your exciting venture 

"Deside Rata"

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Rata means thief or pickpocket in Spanish. Might give any Spanish speaking potential guests pause.....

But since it's the name of your town, I guess they'd get it why you use that word in your house name.

Tess31
Level 2
Philippines

Hi,

I’m just wondering, I had 2 guests from airbnb and after that, no more inquiries. Is this normal? I’m quite expecting that this could be a good start but it’s quite disappointing that nothing follows. Not even inquiries. I love replying to all queries. I even got a good review from one if the guests. I don’t know why I’m having a very poor listing result. Anyone who could help me about this would be greatly aspreciated. Thanks!

@Tess31, I don't know if this is what you intended, but you posted your questions as part of a discussion about what to name someone's new listing.

You might want to post this as its own top-level question. Go to the top of this Discussion Room and press the "Start a conversation" button.

That being said: i looked for your listings. One seems to still have the "New" tag, but not the others. I found them at #64, #88, #95 out of 180 in your area. (#64 has the "New" tag, which shows how the "New" tag helps boost your position in the search rankings.)

You should try to figure out why you are not ranking higher in the listings.

Posting your question at the top of this Discussion Room will allow you to get more help.

This thread really should be for helping Sapphire name her Bed & Breakfast place.

Steve405
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hey, what about 'Wharenui' Retreat. Or 'Nau Mai' - Maori words?

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Rata Country Cottage

*Dream Location*

@Sapphire0

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’