Hi guys, how to trust airbnb?

Hi guys, how to trust airbnb?

I am booked home stay through airbnb,payment also made, after 2 days it says your host not responded,hence we are refunding ?  Basic doubt is that with out confirmation how the payment is asking by the team?

If not available in that dates what I booked how it shows in the site?

I feel other sites will not do this? It's first timer how to trust this app?

Will I get my money back?

Are its fack site?

Kindly through some light on this.

Thanks

hemadri

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Hemadri0 

I do not understand your issue.

Did you receive a message from Airbnb you will be refunded ?

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Hemadri0 Your post is unclear. So, I am guessing that you sent a request to a host to reserve a STR. The guest has 24 hours to pre-approve or decline. It appears the guest did neither. That’s why you received a message from airbnb. In fact, your credit card should not have been charged. Call your credit card company to see if a charge has gone through or if it’s just pending. If the latter is the case, it will just drop off. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gwen386 

I experienced a similar glitch with a request booking, but from the host side. The host sent an enquiry. They then must have sent a request (I have IB turned off), but I never received a request. It was still showing as an enquiry from my end, but then that it was awaiting payment. The guest was trying to pay with his father's card, so the payment wouldn't go through because the ID didn't match. Meanwhile, the dates (for a two month long stay) were blocked in my calendar.

How can this happen? How can the dates be blocked for a booking I never accepted? Why did Airbnb even attempt to charge the guest when I had never accepted the booking? I called CS, but they had no answer for me. They just told me it was showing from their end that I had accepted the request. I never got a request!

I had told the guest to cancel the booking and send a new request once he had sorted out his finances, which he did. As far as CS was concerned, the problem was resolved, so they had no interest in investigating the glitch.