Host accuses me of damages after 1 week and a 5 star review

Host accuses me of damages after 1 week and a 5 star review

Hi all I was hoping someone could help with this issue. 

I've read a few threads with similar situations but couldn't find anything that is as complicated as mine.

I stayed at this AirBnb 2 weeks ago for 2 nights. One of the guests had a black bath bomb from Lush which is made of organic matter so should wash off with water. Unfortunately there were scratches on the bath tub that were there previously, but the bath bomb colour made it more accentuated. 

Now the host, after leaving me 5 stars review saying that I left the house clean, messages me a week later accusing us for leaving the scratches on the bathtub and complaing that we left the house a mess. They have requested $220, no receipts or photos. 

We didn't damage the tub as the cuts and scratches were already there. And it's not unsual for people to use coloured bathbombs which wouldn't stain unless the bathtub was already damaged and we didn't know.

I offered to pay some for someone to try and clean it but not to fix those scratches. 

Airbnb is taking a while to respond and I've already escalated to Resolution Centre.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you

1 Reply 1

@Raquel279 if you have denied the request for payment already, then at this point I think it is up to the host to provide evidence and/or convince the Airbnb Resolution Center that you need to pay.

It sounds like you don't need to do much more than wait now.