Host declines to provide Breakfast

Kirill7
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Host declines to provide Breakfast

I've booked an apartment in Havana couple days ago. Host made me a special offer with a discount (10%) for week stay. Listing has 'Breakfast is provided' checked, however it looks like Host is declining to provide it. Quote: "Breakfast is not included'. Not a big deal for me, I was hoping just for basics like coffee, milk, bread, yogurts. Should I forget about it or...?

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Kirill7 You should claim your breakfast. If the host refuses, leave a proper review stating the obvious. You might score the host low on accuracy.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So you want the 10% discount and the breakfast 🙂

My understanding is the special offer is just that, so if your host confirmed at special offer without breakast then that's what you are entitled to.

Anyway there are absolutely loads of places to have breakfast in Havana - use some of the money you saved and have yourself a lovely breakfast out.

I'm with @Helen3 on this one~ You got a discount and it's not a big deal for you. BUT, I would suggest that you mention to the host that the listing description states 'breakfast provided' and if  "Breakfast is not included" is the norm, the host should update the listing description accordingly. Also, @Kirill7, you could add that you are fine with no breakfast provided but would like to know if the host provides any type of complimentary beverages such as coffee/tea/bottled water or snacks.

FYI - I do not provide any meals to my guests, but I have a small self-serve area where I leave out corn flakes, tea, coffee, instant cup soup, instant noodles, and an assortment of snacks (cookies, crackers, candy) for guests as well as a couple soft drinks and juice on the guest shelf in the fridge.

It was a question, guys...I was not claiming anything :). My question is related to 'Breakfast is provided' checked in listing details, however host is not providing breakfast at any form. Ofc I'll not be making a big deal from this situation. 

Regarding a discount, we were not talking about breakfast during our negotiations about the price.