Host refund - urgent help needed please

Amal401
Level 1
Paris, France

Host refund - urgent help needed please

Hello all,

I left my airbnb last night at 11pm because it was not clean and i went to search for a hotel. I am new to aribnbb so i didn't know i had to take pictures to prove it was dirty. The host refused to reimburse me. I still have the reservation ongoing until tomorrow 11am. I don't have the keys as i left them in the appartment. For all i know, the host cleaned the place by now. I don't know what to do to get my money back. I asked support for airbnb and they said they will get back to me.

Please help!!!!

Thanks

2 Replies 2

@Amal401  You are not entitled to a refund in this case. You should have checked the refund policy before abruptly fleeing the property, to make sure you were following the proper procedure. If there's a problem, you're obliged to give the host a chance to fix it.

A hotel also wouldn't refund your money if you just dashed off to another hotel without saying anything because your room wasn't clean. They would either relocate you to a different room, or send a cleaner and maybe comp you a night or a drink for the inconvenience. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amal401  If you arrive at an Airbnb and find it unacceptable in some way, the correct protocol is to contact the host to give them an opportunity to correct the issue. Perhaps he assumed his cleaner had showed up that day and they didn't. If the host can't, or won't deal with whatever is wrong, then you contact Airbnb to let them know and cancel the reservation. Sometimes they will find you a comparable place to relocate to and even give you and extra 10% if the new place is more expensive than the one you booked.

Just because you were a first time Airbnb user isn't an excuse for not familiarizing yourself with how to deal with things like this. All this information for guests is readily available to read on the Airbnb site.