Hosting In California

Richard2048
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Hosting In California

I been hosting for 4 months in California, and been asked by guest to stay for up to 60-90days, I all i offer is 27days at time to protect my self from becoming a landlord.Could someone help me in what you do if you live in California if they ant to stay in your place for longer then 28days.

Richard Armendariz
6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Richard2048 I don't need to live in California to answer this. Sensible hosts either say NO or accept they are taking a huge risk....

Yes we are! I’v started and I been ok so far

Richard Armendariz
Andrew2302
Level 1
Coleville, CA

Good afternoon,

I lost my home in a wildfire and am unable to rebuild currently. I am attempting to go through the process to file the right permits to turn the property into a short term rental in Mono County California. The  county Community Planners Office told me I am unable to place an RV on the site and generate income as a short term rental.  Is there any way around this without the obvious conclusion of getting out of California? 

I would look into the nearest county then rent a land space put your Rv and start making money 

Richard Armendariz

See if you could do long-term or midterm, renting trailer out

Richard Armendariz
Digna10
Level 1
Yucca Valley, CA

When I went into this at the end of 2019 I decided I'd accept all lengths of stays, from overnight to a few months. I've never had any problems. Of course, weekenders pay more as I don't give discounts, since I must pay the cleaning service more often and they get their full rate. Long termers are more relaxing since they're there for a few weeks or months and I don't have to be constantly watching messages from Airbnb about a possible rental. The drawback is that with families with youths, things break, get messier, and this time with a family of 4 and 2 large dogs it's always something, a swamp cooler leak, a broken chair, and frankly, that can be mentally tiresome. So each method has it's pros and cons.