Hosting > Cleaning Fee - Cleanliness Review

Hosting > Cleaning Fee - Cleanliness Review

Hi,

As a Host, if I add a cleaning fee to my listings, do the following apply:

* I can allocate the cleaning fee to someone who holds an AirBnB hosting account?

* I can allocate the cleaning fee to somoene who is not a primary host or co-host for that particular listing?

* The cleanliness rating from Guest's review is a review of the Cleaner and not the Host?

* The service fee paid to a Cleaner is the same percentage as what the Host must pay?

Thanks in advance, I have tried to find this information but cannot seem to find this detail.

Ben 

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ben312,

If you add a cleaning to a listing and you want The Airbnb system to allocate that fee to someone other than yourself then that someone must be added as a co-host on your listing. To be a co-host they must have an airbnb account.

Piont by point replies are below.

* I can allocate the cleaning fee to someone who holds an AirBnB hosting account?

only if the person is also added as a co-host for the listing

* I can allocate the cleaning fee to somoene who is not a primary host or co-host for that particular listing?

this one is not possible

* The cleanliness rating from Guest's review is a review of the Cleaner and not the Host?

no. All aspects of the listing are the responsibility of the host so reviews and ratings apply only to the host.

* The service fee paid to a Cleaner is the same percentage as what the Host must pay?

I'm not sure what's meant. The co-host payment options are described below.

When you have a co-host for a listing you can choose, during co-host set up, to pay them a percentage of each reservation cost, or a fixed fee per reservation. If the listing has a cleaning fee you can choose to pay all that fee to the co-host if they're responsible for cleaning or arranging the cleaning service.

Steve.

Thanks @Steve143,

This has cleared up most of my questions.

For both the fixed fee and percentage for co hosts, is the payment subject to the 3.3% service fee from AirBnB? IE: Will 3.3% be removed from the co host who is receiving the cleaning fee or will this be removed before the payment. So $100 cleaning fee is $96.7 paid to the cleaner or $100 and $3.3 is removed from the primary hosts revenue?

Ben

Hello @Ben312,

I don't have, and am not myself, a co-host and I don't charge a cleaning fee so I can't say for definite.

Steve.