Hosting

Answered!
Sarah455
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hosting

I've just started Airbnb. My listing states I have 1 private room available and a shared bathroom facility. Is it necessary to clearly stipulate that my room is not en-suite?

1 Best Answer

Not really, but some guests will appreciate that you mention where the bathroom is in relation to the room, like saying it's "down the hall" or whatever.  My assumption would be that a shared bath is automatically not an en suite but there are jack-and-jill options that would be shared en suite just not a typical situation for sure.    

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

Not really, but some guests will appreciate that you mention where the bathroom is in relation to the room, like saying it's "down the hall" or whatever.  My assumption would be that a shared bath is automatically not an en suite but there are jack-and-jill options that would be shared en suite just not a typical situation for sure.    

I am curious, however, why you would provide 3 beds if you are only taking a maximum of 2 guests?  Is this a mistake? 

You should also fill out your profile information with details about yourself and how you like to host so that potential guests know a little about you before they book.  

Thank you Alice and Jeff your comments are most helpful.

A lot for me to learn but I'm beginning to get the hang of things.....

Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

Describing everything VERY fully is always better. If anything can possibly be misunderstood, it will be and you will hear about it in your reviews.

people come from all kinds of different cultures, different levels of languages and some don't even read the description very well.

Sarah455
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Thanks Bridget and Mark your comments most helpful. I've adjusted my website but no doubt that this is something I'll constantly develop. I'd appreciate your comments on my update?

Thanks

Sarah

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

We host a guest bedroom in our home and the guest has their own bathroom, but it is not en suite.  You can take a look at the wording we use on our listing for ideas on what to say.

Paris4
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Dear friends, I hosted a guest from 18 Feb to 3 Mar and still havent been paid (17 Mar), do you know who & how i can contact to find out what happend to the money?

Cheers

Paris

@Paris4  Best to send @AirbnbHelp a tweet - usually the fastest method of contacting someone.

Isabella-Marie-Veronica0
Level 1
Fjällbacka, Sweden

I had another paying system because the cost in wintertime is moore expencive to heat up the house. Now when the spring has arraived I have changed to steady cost. Thats why. If you go into [link hidden] it will be less expencive for you.

Isabella

Gisele8
Level 2
South Africa

I am hosting a lady, but she didn't respect the building rules, parking in two parkings... then she compalings with the notification received. Meanwhile she also broke my bed, and today she will leave and refuse to account with the damage. How can I apply the house rules and avoid her to make negative comments about our hosting?

Sethyn0
Level 1
Portland, OR

Hi,

I am new to hosting and have never been a guest. I am finding it hard to keep up with all the expectations. I wonder if guests really read the profile. The comments made by my guests almost always list a deficit. I work really hard inbetween guests to make improvements.  I have a rating of 4.5 and don't know if that's good or bad. I wonder what more experienced hosts have to say.

Thanks! Lynne

Hello!  @Sethyn0 guests 9 times out of 10 NEVER read the full listing, it is aggravating to say the least. Then when they arrive, they complain about something that they would have seen or read in the listing.  I do wish @Airbnb would make sure each guest reads the entire listing before booking. I still get people that don’t follow my pre booking requirements. 

I just listed our property yesterday. We are new at this! It says "listed" but I cannot find it when I go to airbnb site and search. does it take a few days to show up on the web site? 

I would love to understand the answer to this Q too

Good luck to us (: