How can a happy guest rebook my place?

Graham100
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

How can a happy guest rebook my place?

I have had a few guests who have enjoyed their stay and said, "can I rebook for next week?"

I said sure, but how do they do it? - It seems extremely complicated 

The guest wanted me to send them a quote for the new booking, but I cannot find a way on my app, does anyone know if its possible? - The only options seem to be to send a quote when theres already an existing enquiry for a date range, but doesn't let you make a separate quote on a new booking...

I tried to explain to them how to do it themselves, but then this was extremely complicated because even though my property seems to have a number, when you insert that number into the location field when making a booking, nothing comes up! - So how do they find my property again????

Surely Airbnb are missing out on a lot a of business here, many people do not have the time or inclination to mess about searching for a place and just want to rebook a place they are happy with, is there any way to easily do this? - If so its not easy to find and I would love to know.

3 Replies 3

@Graham100   It took me less than 3 seconds to open your listings, because they can be accessed directly from your profile. As long as your calendar dates are opened, the guest can easily re-book in the same amount of time. Unless, of course, they're just fishing for a special discount or a way to book offsite.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Graham100 🙂

Your guests already got a reservation with you and your listing is attached to the reservation. You can't do anything from your side but your guests should be able to easily make a new request via the reservation. They just needs to visit your listing via the reservation and make a new request for the new dates - it is super easy and as Andrew writes maybe they are looking for a discount or something because it really is easy to make a new request. I have had a lot of regulars and none of them had ever had any problems with rebooking 🙂 

Graham100
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks

I know its super easy, but I tried as a traveller to book a place I had been before it certainly wasn't easy. I must be a bit dumb lol

I was able to pull up your listings too, on my PC, but on the phone app or ipad I found it difficult.

And as I said, theres no way for me to send a quote with new dates to the guest to accept. On other websites, this is possible, so I would have thought airbnb would have had it...

Not everyone who uses airbnb is internet / computer savvy, especially older people, so it would be nice to make it easy for them

Work to do methinks