Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

How do I resolve with Airbnb the deduction of guests credit card despite my declining her enquiry?

Salome7
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

How do I resolve with Airbnb the deduction of guests credit card despite my declining her enquiry?

I need help with an enquiry that I declined this morning but the guest's credit card was deducted for the full value of the stay by Airbnb despite the fact that the enquiry was declined due to unavailability. I cannot find a way to communicate this with AirnBnb?

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Who knows what is happening but this is not something that you need to get in the middle of.

If they do have a booking the confirmation will have a telephone number to contact AirBnB.

David
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Salome7

I assume you had a booking request rather than an inquiry.  In this case guests are ready to book and have given their credit card details to airbnb.  airbnb puts a hold on their card to speed up the process.  The hold will be lifted, but it can take some days.  

Better keep your calendar up to date so this does not happen again.   It is very dispiriting for potential guests to get a decline when they have found available accomodation that they like, then are declined upon. It can put them off booking with airbnb and this will backfire on us hosts. Try putting yourself in their shoes.  

Salome7
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks for your help,  Marit-Anne. Our calendar was and is up to date but has not been synced by AirBnB. Our systems manager has now manually synced the calendar.