How do i handle a guests who keep hosting guests

Halima17
Level 1
Abuja, NG

How do i handle a guests who keep hosting guests

It has been a tough experience  for me. My guest keeps bringing in people. Spoke to him about it earlier in the week about it. Been staying at work late just to keep my sanity as they make a lot of noise

Came home this Saturday afternoon, apparently they were not expecting me. Then got a messagr from himnotifying me he had wanted to tell me he was hosting 3 guests to dinner.met them cooking for their guests. The guest came in barely 45 mins after telling me. So im stuck to my bedroom.  Was to have a guest thos evening,  i had to cancel. This is ridiculous

2 Replies 2
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Halima17 

It is ridiculous but you are the master of your ship  - not your guests -  and unfortunately you are enabling them to carry on with this behaviour.

You have stated in your house rules no visitors  - you have all the resources you need BUT you do need to enforce the rule or guests will walk all over you - as they are now!

As soon as you saw the extra people you needed to remind the guest of the house rule that he agreed to when he made the booking.    

You could say Hey XX I'm sorry, I just can't have extra visitors. It's an insurance requirement - having extra people here violates my insurance and also violates your airbnb stay.  Strictly speaking I should ask for your stay to be cancelled now, but I'm not going to do that because I'm such an understanding person and i'm sure it was a genuine mistake. But I'm sorry, your guests are going to have to leave.   Whether you realised it or not, this is what you agreed to when you booked my place"  Then immediately  ring Cs adn get your version recorded in case there is a complaint. That's what you should have done IMO.

For now, you can do pretty much the same. go out now and say - you were taken aback by the extra guests  - you've contacted your insurer and you've contacted airbnb and he is violating your terms and conditions, AND you are just not comfortable with extra people in YOUR home.  Get them out, then ring airbnb ( or ring aribnb then get them out), but take affirmative action. 

You don't need to be rude, Blame the platform rules, blame your insurance rules, so that it's not personal, its business.

Good luck!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why are you letting your guests to flagelantly continue to break your house rules and disrespect you @Halima17 . This is your home and your business.

When you got the notification saying they wanted to cook for their guests all you had to do was remind the guest that you have already told them they cannot invite their guests into your home and are very disappointed to hear that they once again wanting to break your house rules.

Tell them if they cannot stop inviting guests who have not booked and paid into your home you will have to ask Airbnb to cancel their booking.

Call your guest aside now you have let these extra guest into your home. Tell them how disappointed they are that they have once again broken your house rules and ask them to ask their guests to move on as soon as they have finished eating, so you can relax in your own home.

I don't understand why you are stuck in your bedroom or have cancelled your guest.