How do you file a complaint against a host?

Michelle672
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

How do you file a complaint against a host?

** listing for her house was inaccurate. There was no mention of a dog in the house and my daughter is highly allergic to dogs including our entire family. If I had know there was a dog living in the house I would have never reserved the house. She needs to change her listing to include there is a dog living in the house for future guests don’t make the same mistake I made.  She has since changed her posting to include she has a dog, but I have screen shoots of her initital ad that did not mention she had a dog.  I want a full refund from this shady host.

Receipt #[Hidden]

Confirmation Code: [Reservation number hidden]

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You must contact Airbnb Customer Service, @Michelle672. Use Twitter or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/.

Here, it is a community of hosts and guests.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

AirBnB only requires pets to be declared, this could have been a Service Dog or Emotional Support Dog.

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Michelle672

As Airbnb says on your booking confirmation, if the listing is not as described, then if the host can't resolve the issue - as would have been the case here. Then Airbnb would have cancelled your booking, given you a refund and a 10% credit for a new booking.

Did you contact them to do this? This is the way to get your refund.

This forum is not monitored by Airbnb it is a group of hosts and guests. 

Why not give them a call now they are open 24/7

@David I am not sure you are correct on this. I think a host would need to declare they have a pet and would have no reason not to - as issues such as this can occur which can be serious. My son has a severe allergy in terms of cats and ending up in hospital one time when we stayed at a campsite with cats roaming the site so I know how dangerous this can be.

@Helen3

I did check before replying, you are only asked to declare Pets and AirBnb clealry state neither are Pets.

How could any Host be certain with a future booking that a prior Guest would not have a Dog with them, Service or Emotional Support, how do you clean a place so someone allergic would have no reaction, how long would it take?

Obviously not an issue for me, I do declare my Dog, but I did so before ABB changed their definitions and see no need to change.

David